TNW, on Apr 5 2008, 09:05 PM, said:
The driver is based on linux driver , and R1000 driver of this forum (Thank's DaemonES)
The driver is working !! (I'm connected with ! on Tiger)
but you can help because I have only one SiS900 at home and it's one with the RLT8201 PHY transmitter.
you can test the driver by downloading the zip and start by clicking on "myload.command".
Next you have to put the dmesg log in a file and post it on the board.
_Correction of an Rx bug ( Now the driver is stable )
_Detection of the cable
_Big optimisation on Tx and Rx (Before:900KB/s of 1800KB/s with 100%CPU. After: 1800KB/s of 1800KB/s with 25%CPU)
Where to begin??? (netwarrior)
Nice attempt, well thought out, could have been planned a little better and separated into 2 separate classes but a very solid base to work from.
I took the liberty of redoing the project and cleaning it up a little.
You match on the raw device however it appears that there are two different subsystem ID's corresponding to two seperate device chipset and it might have been better to use this information to identify the driver class to use rather than using all of that code to detect which chipset is included and then use the appropriate code but splitting it into two classes isn't a requirement.
I changed the way the project builds and populates the Info.plist so anyone looking at the project wont be so confused by the tree, changed the class name to SiS900, added some comments and added comments to the original linux files which are listed in the project and thus available from within XCode so they can be used as references material.
Removed SiS900_reg.h (duplication wasn't necessary in this case) and using the linux header file was the method selected.
I see you tried to build this as a universal binary however the exclusive use of i386/pio.h prevents a useable compilation for ppc and I don't believe you will find a ppc machine with these cards so I made the project i386 only for all configuration.
I'd like to help you improve this project and hope you are not offended in what I've done with your project.
Here is the archive, go over it and see if it looks any better to you, if so add it to your first post and it can be the base project for all future changes.