What old Mac should I get next for my collection

11 posts in this topic

I have an old Mac collection for New World Macs with PowerPC processors in them. Currently I have an iMac G3, Power Mac G4 and iBook G3 Second Generation. I've got a money making scheme where I buy iBook G3/G4s with broken graphics chips on the logic board which would be cheap, fix them up and sell them on eBay. You can get a lot of money for working iBooks on eBay. So when I get some money out of this I'm wondering what I should get next.

I want either the G4 Cube, the iMac G4 or the eMac. Which one do you think I should get first out of those three?

I have:

4 - Macintosh II CX computers

2 - Power Macintosh 5400/200 w/ Built in Monitor

1 - Power Macintosh 6100/60

and I believe they all work exception of one of the IICX machines. I'll let them go for the actual shipping cost of shipping the items.

I actually have been planning on taking them to the landfill since they are machines that nobody really wants

The only problem with getting a G4 Cube is that it may take a while to get the G4 Cube, an Apple Studio Display (LCD), Apple Pro Keyboard and Apple Pro Mouse because it's not all in one and it may cost more to get everything seperately. However it does depend on what the seller is offering. They may be selling everything in one. Also G4 Cubes are pretty rare as they weren't too popular when they were released so it may take some time to get one.

And the Twentieth Anniversary Macintosh wouldn't fit in my collection as my collection is for New World Macs.

Although it would be best to have "the complete set up" it doesn't matter about the keyboard, mouse and display at first.

Yes I would know. I'm still trying to get an Apple Studio Display Graphite CRT for my Power Mac G4 but old Apple displays aren't too plentiful and most CRTs that do show up are pickup in some place 4-5 hours away from where I live.