How to find the exact name of sound card?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

factro

factro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
hello, can any body tell me how to find the real name of sound card. My device manager show me sigmatel high definition audio codes??
i have onboard sound card. :D

schwartzeneger

schwartzeneger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I am in the same boat with a Gateway MT6840 laptop. I am going to start trying all the sigmatel drivers I can find. I'll post any positive results.

photek

photek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
In device manager, open the device and look in the information tab. You'll find a model number in most of the cases, scroll down if you have to.

Otherwise you can probably search for it. For instance, many HP computer specs can be found here, or by searching for model number quickspecs, like this.

Dunno about other models, but it doesn't seem that hard. USE GOOGLE!!!!!! :) A search for Gateway MT6840 sigmatel in Google gives me this link,
who tells me that the audio chip model number is SigmaTel 9250. Dunno if it's correct, I'm just saying that you probably can figure this out by yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy