Kernel panic right after using NVinject 0.33

Ilyace

8 posts in this topic

I am trying to install the drivers for my evga 8800GTS 512 (G92). I used the Nvinject v0.33 installer from here: Nvinject v0.33. The problem is that right after I install it, a transparent grey screen comes and tells me i have to reboot in english and different languages. How can I fix this?

Specs:

C2D E6750

EVGA 650i Ultra

EVGA 8800GTS 512 G92

Seagate 250GB SATA

LG 18x DVD burner

i fixed my problem.

when installing it would always crash before installing nvinject,

so what i did was when it crashed i booteded into safe mode (press f8 before boot and type -x) and when in safe mode i edited geforce.kext,, and nv50 whatever .kext

to have the device id of my vid card, my device id is 0x0422 so it looked like 0x042210de

and on resman i deleted all the &amp0fffff stuff and installed nvinject and edited that to with my device id to my vid card, now i get full res and +qe all that stuff

Shanghei I am trying to do a similar thing to you and edit the kexts to have my device and vendor ID, however when I edit them and reboot, it just says there were not installed correctly?

Is there a special way you should modify them or do I have to repair permissions after i've modified them?

Anyones help please?!?

@Shaun

edit

geforce.kext

nvresman.kext

nvdanv50hal.kext ( its for 8xxx cards)

with proper vendor/produktID (0x40010de for a 8600gts)

the &amp0fffff is said to cause troubles especially on AMD ( driver interferences)

editing only in plist editor ( other apps ruin the header)

installing with kexthelper 0.7 ( puts kexts in the extension folder, repairs permissions, signs the bootcache to do an update on restart and keeps a backup of the old kexts on your HD)

HOW TO: copy them on your desktop, edit them and reinstall them with kexthelper, never had troubles this way

@Shaun

edit

geforce.kext

nvresman.kext

nvdanv50hal.kext ( its for 8xxx cards)

with proper vendor/produktID (0x40010de for a 8600gts)

the &amp0fffff is said to cause troubles especially on AMD ( driver interferences)

editing only in plist editor ( other apps ruin the header)

installing with kexthelper 0.7 ( puts kexts in the extension folder, repairs permissions, signs the bootcache to do an update on restart and keeps a backup of the old kexts on your HD)

HOW TO: copy them on your desktop, edit them and reinstall them with kexthelper, never had troubles this way

Thanks for the help there westwaerts!

I noticed you have the same graphics card as me and I am having a few problems and throught you might be able to help!

I've installed several different kexts for my card, and had all kinds of problems, im managed to solve all my kernel panic problems, but ive not got a problem after my PC has finished the start-up process and leopard should be there for me to use, my monitor seems to go into stand by! Ive tried both DVI connections and nothing?

Just wondered which kext's you used and if you have had this problem?

Thanks

Shaun