Will I be able to install Leopard on SAS drive?

AlexeySob

27 posts in this topic

So far, I'm with you on every step:

1) Get the .DMG image file of installation disc (I have both Retail and Kalyway OSx86)

2) Restore image on to spare drive (Go to Utilities > Disk Utility to perform this action)

3) In Disk Utility, format spare drive in HFS+ and make it an MBR(?) partition < (I've always done GUID, this will be my first MBR partition)

4) Click on 'Restore' tab, Drag Installation Disc (.DMG image) to "Source", and drag spare drive to "Destination"

5) Now click "Restore"

6) Restart computer

7) Set BIOS to boot off of spare drive (doing this process will confirm if it ta

es me to the installer)

Perform "bless" command if necessary to set the MBR to be bootable

If the above action is successful:

8) Add SAS controller drivers to... < (This is where I get lost)

go find your drivers, and put them onto the junk drive. make any .kext modifications you need, etc etc....

blow away the .kextcache and .mkext so it will re-load and re-cache all the extensions on boot...

I have only have 1 driver file from the CD:

"ATTOExpressSASHBA_100.pkg"

1) Where do I place this file in the spare drive?

2) What .kext modifcations I'm supposed to perform, or I need to do?

3) Where can I find ".kextcache" and ".mkext" to remove it?

~

carbon copy cloner doesn't work... doesn't grab the bootloader... tried that one myself.

Thanks for informing me about carbon copy cloner, I thought I was doing something wrong. (I can now stop trying to CCC the drive in alternative methods every night)

DD'ing the drive in linux SHOULD work by all rights and reasons... but frankly, unless you're a linux person it may end up being a real pain in the rear....

Should the above attempts not work, I will take the LINUX route. I'm so determined to do this, I'll take whatever pain I must endure!

vladthebad, thank you thank you, again you've given me so much more hope is this project

Are you interested in an NVIDIA GeForce 7300GT 256mb Dual-DVI Graphics Adapter?