• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Tempted

Tempted

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
So. Ive installed OSX on both an IDE drive and a SATA drive.. my IDE boots and reads the SATA fine after i added my Via SATA controller hardware id to AppleVIAATA.kext and I am able to pull information from them.. I have 2 sata drives both being maxtors.. Now the problem that I am having is whenever I attempt to write to the sata drives OSX freezes and you cant get it to respond without a hard reboot. I'd really like to be able to use my SATA install... It will install successfully and it says its partitioned.. Vista with MacDrive reads the installation on the sata and IDE drive.. The sata install just blinks the cursor in the top left corner.. doesn't go to darwinx86 loader.. The IDE boots fine.. I'm wondering if there is anyway I can get OSX to write to my sata controller.. I'd be happy with just that although Id like to get my SATA install working...

Any suggestions?

[codebox]

CFBundleDevelopmentRegion
English
CFBundleExecutable
AppleVIAATA
CFBundleGetInfoString
1.0.2, Copyright Apple Computer, Inc. 2004
CFBundleIdentifier
com.apple.driver.AppleVIAATA
CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion
CFBundleName
Apple VIA ATA Driver
CFBundlePackageType
KEXT
CFBundleShortVersionString
CFBundleSignature
????
CFBundleVersion
IOKitPersonalities

VIA ATA Driver

CFBundleIdentifier
IOClass
AppleVIAATADriver
IOProviderClass
AppleVIAATAChannel

VIA PATA Controller

CFBundleIdentifier
Hardware Name
82C571
IOClass
AppleVIAATARoot
IOPCIPrimaryMatch
0x05711106
IOProbeScore
IOProviderClass
IOPCIDevice
ISA Bridge Matching

IOPCIClassMatch
0x06010000&0xffff0000
IOProviderClass
IOPCIDevice

Serial ATA

VIA SATA Controller

CFBundleIdentifier
Hardware Name
8237 SATA
IOClass
AppleVIAATARoot
IOPCIPrimaryMatch
0x05711106 0x53721106 0x55131039 0x31491106 0x00e310de 0x43791002 0x437A1002 0x43801002 0x43801019 0x438c1002 0x21821019 0x28208086 0x28258086 0x29208086 0x29218086 0x29268086 0x29288086 0x292d8086 0x292e8086
IOProbeScore
IOProviderClass
IOPCIDevice
Serial ATA

OSBundleLibraries

com.apple.iokit.IOATAFamily
1.5.0d1
com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily
com.apple.kernel.iokit

OSBundleRequired
Local-Root

[/codebox]

0x05711106 0x53721106 is what I added to get support. 0x5711106 seems to be the one i HAVE to have but I added the other just incase it did anything..

Tempted

Tempted

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Bump. Anyone?

Tyrone Shoe

Tyrone Shoe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
You could try running your SATA controller in compatibility mode in the meantime. You won't get the same performance level but at least you might be able to avoid FUBAR'ing your whole system.

Tempted

Tempted

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
How would i go about doing that?

zandera

zandera

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

So. Ive installed OSX on both an IDE drive and a SATA drive.. my IDE boots and reads the SATA fine after i added my Via SATA controller hardware id to AppleVIAATA.kext and I am able to pull information from them.. I have 2 sata drives both being maxtors.. Now the problem that I am having is whenever I attempt to write to the sata drives OSX freezes and you cant get it to respond without a hard reboot. I'd really like to be able to use my SATA install... It will install successfully and it says its partitioned.. Vista with MacDrive reads the installation on the sata and IDE drive.. The sata install just blinks the cursor in the top left corner.. doesn't go to darwinx86 loader.. The IDE boots fine.. I'm wondering if there is anyway I can get OSX to write to my sata controller.. I'd be happy with just that although Id like to get my SATA install working...

Any suggestions?

0x05711106 0x53721106 is what I added to get support. 0x5711106 seems to be the one i HAVE to have but I added the other just incase it did anything..

this looks like AppleVIAATA.kext modified for nVidias SATA development.
go find non modified. (perfectly from http://www.opensourc.../darwinsource/)

Tempted

Tempted

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Sorry to sound like a noob but.. what exactly am I looking for Zandera? I cant find AppleVIAATA.. just AppleVIA

Tempted

Tempted

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Ive narrowed down my info.plist but I still have the same issue... When my system boots I get an Unknown device under AppleVIAATA.kext any other ideas on how I can get this system freeze fixed.. it really is quite annoying especially when I'm limited to a 40gb IDE drive <_< Sigh..

socal swimmer

socal swimmer

socal swimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:swim, learning, computers
the VIAATA kext reports IDE as Serial-ATA . the rest appear as something else. so if you deleted everything but Serial ATA, you will have deleted everything but IDE.

but its a crappy kext. if you can, you should use something else.

Tempted

Tempted

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
such as? I'm fairly new to this so any suggestions would be great.
0x05711106 0x53721106 0x31491106 are the only things ive added and they are under the SATA IOPrimaryMatch

What should I do? Is there an alternative kext that would work for me? If so would someone please point me in that direction.

OnePlane

OnePlane

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
Have you found a solution? I need the kext too...

OnePlane

OnePlane

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
I fixed it for me :thumbsup_anim:

OnePlane

OnePlane

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
Agh, broken again.. Still no solution on your side?And it's back! ;) You have to remove the AppleGeneric ata kext for it to work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy