Upload Files to iPhone

Cdnalsi

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I just want to get some .nes roms on my iPhone, and the only way I can do that, it seems, is to use WiFi to upload the files.

Is there a way to just use the USB Cable to transfer files, be it OS X or Windows? Basically I'm looking for an offline method.

Would be very much appreciated.

Cheers!

Additionally, if your iPhone has already been jailbroken, you could definitely use either MobileTerminal or MobileFinder to copy the files from your /var/mobile/Media directory to wherever you want after the fact.

You can upload files over the USB connection into the jailed section of the phone with no issues whatsoever... Just drag and drop.

If you want to load an app or whatever, just go for it. Copy it to your media directory and then move it with the phone apps.

I assure you that if you plug your iPhone into a Windows Vista PC, it will mount in disk mode and allow you to copy files to and from it.

I use that very functionality right now.

I believe I remember doing it under XP back when I was still using it, however it has been a while.

No. It will detect it as a camera, but not one to access files from.

Cdnalsi,

About the easiest way for YOU to do it (because you have a Mac in your profile) is install the AFPd(eamon) which enables Apple Filing Protocol (Network access) for your iPhone to appear in your finder as another computer. (groovy - eh?) From there you can Connect As<root> and drag and drop files to your heart's content with Finder.

If you want to get fancy, ensure to install and use Boss Prefs + APF controller to turn it off and on, or all those mindicants at starbucks will be browsing your rom collection when you walk in the door. (assuming you're leaving root's password as alpine....)

Alternately, you could use DropCopy, but AFP is so much easier for Mac Users....

SL