New Build of OS X Leopard

Numberzz

107 posts in this topic

Details:

lots of

"Package 0 didn't get an HPET"

panic (cpu 0 caller 0x1BD0CD5D) No HPETs available... CPU(s) configured incorrectly..

then a path to "AppleIntelCPUManagement"

Then the kernal backtrace gives:

come.apple.drivers.AppleIntelCPUManagement (or something like that)

iATKOS v1.0i 10.5.1

just ran the downloaded 10.5.2 install.. guess that was a mistake, huh? :rolleyes:

mac.nub can you or someone else who might be able to help me PM me (btw your inbox is full).

My inbox is always full no matter how often I empty it :rolleyes:

Anyhow, here's a mini install guide, note: This is the minimum you will need to do to get it working. There are likey other steps that will be involved from system to system... this will only work on some Intel CPUs with Vanilla kernel!

1) Install combo update

2) Remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

3) Reboot into Mac 10.5.2 and start in verbose mode, taking note of any kexts etc. causing problems and resolve them...

Note: Some users have reported the installer hanging when installing 10.5.2 on the same partition as the current running OS on Hackintosh's, therefore it may be best to install 10.5.2 from a seperate partition to avoid any problems!

Enjoy!

~mac.nub

Well then this isn't for me, I have an AMD with the ToH 10.5 (Darwin 9.0.0 kernel).

Ouch - most definately not for you, in that case you'll likely be waiting a while til someone releases a 10.5.2 AMD install DVD.

Speaking of Install DVDs... i'm off to make myself a new Intel one :D

~mac.nub

Installed update.. immediate kp...

kp on boot, can't use single user mode, no combination of boot options will allow me to delete that kext..

boots into single user mode, says "Package 0 didn't get HPET" a bunch of times then panics "No HPETs available... CPU(s) configured incorrectly\n"@/SourceCache/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement -33 pmThread.c:99"

...and keyboard is unresponsive during this time, so even if I could type really fast, I couldn't delete that kext :wacko:

I've tried disabling 2nd core and disabling Execute Disable bit, but no luck... I'm going to have to wait until I get home to boot off the install dvd so I can fix this...

Let's hope it fixes some or any of the problems I've had, and let's hope it doesn't introduce too many new ones!