How I made my Command and Conquer 3 work without DVD

aT0Mics

6 posts in this topic

Hi there,

Maybe everyone already knows this, but for me it's was a real pain in the ;) to keep putting the DVD in the drive, though I legally own the game.

I run the v1.09 version of the game and downloaded the Windows NO-CD/DVD patch, it has a file in there called cnc3game.dat. Now make a backup of the file Applications/Command and Conquer 3.app/Contents/Resources/Command and Conquer 3.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Command & Conquer 3/RetailExe/1.9/cnc3game.dat.

Now put the patched file in /Applications/Command and Conquer 3.app/Contents/Resources/Command and Conquer 3.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Command & Conquer 3/RetailExe/1.9 and oh joy!

Greetings!

• 1 month later...
Hi there,

Maybe everyone already knows this, but for me it's was a real pain in the :P to keep putting the DVD in the drive, though I legally own the game.

I run the v1.09 version of the game and downloaded the Windows NO-CD/DVD patch, it has a file in there called cnc3game.dat. Now make a backup of the file Applications/Command and Conquer 3.app/Contents/Resources/Command and Conquer 3.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Command & Conquer 3/RetailExe/1.9/cnc3game.dat.

Now put the patched file in /Applications/Command and Conquer 3.app/Contents/Resources/Command and Conquer 3.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Command & Conquer 3/RetailExe/1.9 and oh joy!

Greetings!

My Command and Conquer 3.app does not have a "transgaming" directory inside "Resources". I even tried creating the path you mentioned here, and still asks for DVD. Any ideas?

• 2 months later...