Realtek ALC880 working solution?

shure

5 posts in this topic

I have exhausted all the options i can find to get this sound card working. I have gone through all the apple HDA patching post and tried ALL the codec dumps that are available from the first page. Some start to say they support line in, some say they support apple HD output, but none work ;)

I didnt want to have to create a new post for this, but im at the end of my teather, and really cant see what else i can do.

I will try everything anyone says (as long as ur not all jokers haha), and provide any information i can, i really dont want to have to buy a new sound and wireless card (im a poor student)

The laptop im on is built by Rock and has a Intel 945PM with the above graphics card, and im running Leopard 10.5.1 b kalyway.

If someone could get this to work i would actually jump around my room.

Thanks

Have you tried this ?

Delete azalia kext if it´s on your extensions folder

If the installer doesn´t work with you, then download the kext files and apply them manually:

The filename is beta4some861_880models.zip and you can find it here at post #1

hi taruga,

thanks for the ubber quick reply. Unfortunately i had tried your above 2 methods, and neither worked. I tried them again but with no luck. When i tried to put the kext files into the extensions folder it did kick up a bit of an error if i remember rightly, i think it was after the restart.

i appreciate the help and recognise your hard work on these drivers, i guess ill just have a lye in wait and hope another solution arises :(

I have exhausted all the options i can find to get this sound card working. I have gone through all the apple HDA patching post and tried ALL the codec dumps that are available from the first page. Some start to say they support line in, some say they support apple HD output, but none work :)

I didnt want to have to create a new post for this, but im at the end of my teather, and really cant see what else i can do.

I will try everything anyone says (as long as ur not all jokers haha), and provide any information i can, i really dont want to have to buy a new sound and wireless card (im a poor student)

The laptop im on is built by Rock and has a Intel 945PM with the above graphics card, and im running Leopard 10.5.1 b kalyway.

If someone could get this to work i would actually jump around my room.

Thanks

Try this one i'ts from kalyway 10.5.1 leopard DVD

it worked for me,good luck ;-)

AppleAzaliaAudio.kext.zip

• 3 weeks later...

I kept searching this forum for the last couple of days, non of this solutions work for me.

Mobo: Ausus P5ND2-SLI - nForce4 chipset (Intel)

OnBoardSound: Realtek AC'97 Vendor ID_10DE Device ID_003A Revision ID_A1

Running Kalyway 10.5.1 - everything work except audio. so, Taruga or anyone.. could you please help me ? ;)

I tried changing the ID's myself but I'm not sure if i done it right, because it's still not working :P