Which mouse do you use?

ocZZZ

34 posts in this topic

The bad mouse behavior some of us are experiencing is obviously not a bad choice of mice since they work flawlessly in Windows. This must either be a problem with OS X itself, for instance USB kernels or whatever, or a hackintosh-specific related issue, possibly display drivers/card (I'm using a Radeon HD 3870 with netkas latest drivers).

I've never seen or tried a Mac in my entire life so I don't know how it's supposed to behave. For all I know this is how it's meant to be and some people just can't see it even though it's there.

I'm using system.kext for kernel 9.2.2 and I'm about to downgrade it to 9.2.0 compatible version to see if this fixes the problem.

(Update: no change)

jittermouse.jpg

It's exactly the same for real Macs too!!

The problem is that mac os x can only adjust tracking speed and not sensitivity...

You can try steermouse which adds sensitivity setting.

It does wonders and now my mouse (logitech mx518) behaves exactly like windows!!!

It's exactly the same for real Macs too!!

The problem is that mac os x can only adjust tracking speed and not sensitivity...

You can try steermouse which adds sensitivity setting.

It does wonders and now my mouse (logitech mx518) behaves exactly like windows!!!

Yup, I just tried an iMac in the Apple store in town today and it was the same. Unfortunatly I already use Steermouse but it's still jittery in Photoshop. It's slightly better in Painter but it's still there. It's just so damned weird that it goes from choppy to smooth when I move the cursor out of the document/canvas window. This should really be addressed by Apple, Adobe or whomever is to blame for this problem since Macs are supposed to be great video/sound/graphics/media stations and this really ruins part of it if you do the kind of work I do.

• 4 weeks later...

I've used:

Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000

Logitech PS/2 Optical Wheel Mouse

Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse

No problems at all with any of those. Actually, I don't even care about what mouse I use, but the MS Laser Mouse fits my hand PERFECTLY.

Hi all.

I´m new to the forum and now I´m facing a little problem.

I have installed 10.5.2 Kalyway DVD on my rig and it´s working fine.

When I was using my additional keyboard and mouse (PS/2) while my Wireless Desktop 2000 from Microsoft was fixing, I had no problem at all, but now that my wireless keyboard and mouse returned I´m facing the problem that my mouse goes crazy and then freezes after waking up from sleep. It is configured with Microsoft drivers for mac - because it is compatible with mac - and still freezing any way.

If you all have any idea that could help me, I´d be grateful.

[]´s

• 2 months later...

I used to have a microsoft optical mouse but just this afternoon, I bought a bluetooth mouse: Sony Vaio BMS30. It's very good but I have a slight problem though. Everytime I boot into my Hackintosh, i still have to pair it with my laptop. Is there a way to have the bluetooth mouse work automatically without pairing it first? thanx!

• 4 weeks later...

I have the logitech G5 (3 dpi settings) i have it set to max dpi. on iAtkos v4i, and i have noticed it jumping pixels and not smooth. I've tried it on my mousepad and just my desk and same results. i think i'm going to try out the steer mouse and check my bios like ocZZZ said.

I've found out later this is a pretty wide-spread problem http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?14@@.3bc3c251/0 (Even though the topic is about a drawing tablet and Photoshop CS3, some folks are reporting it happening outside of the application as well, just not equally severe, which is both problems I'm having. Also, I'm guessing the problem is present for them using a mouse, but most of the folks use a tablet most of the time)