Virus TI owners (sync problems) [SOLVED]

macita

12 posts in this topic

Hi all, im using kalyway and logic 8.0.1, all seems fine (sometimes it sux on midi/audio sync) and my worry is about the virus TI plugin /Virus Control), when i install it first time is so fast to show up in logic, thhen i install other UA plugins and it became slowwww!! sooo sooo slow on show up!

Its only me who has this problem...and laso the AUDIO/MIDI not perfect sync!

Maybe i found the trip..must be the m-audio card, this 410 give to me strange problems...like sometimes audio is mute.... i must click on link button for ear audio ... strange.... maybe is my motherboard that with this OSX wont love this maudio? Maybe i must not install virus ti drivers?

Well ill try MOTU very soon... for a moment when i use the virus TI plugin i must not use m-audio card....

Another think; with Leopard i cant see the virus TI audio in/oputs in the midi audio control panel ... but i see it in logic...

so i cant also aggregate devices coz doesnt exist.... strange...

dunno if they did,

but the problem is all related here

Fresh install kalyway 10.5.1, and installing only virus ti drivers and i had a UserEventAgent crash in the Activity monitor window.

Looking what happening and this file de.access-music.virus_ti.plugin inside /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/de.access-music.virus_ti.plugin GIVING PROBLEMS!

i want to know if is the same for others if is related to USB chipset (maybe is not the same chipset tha mac is using and usb can have problems?)

SO if some virus ti owners here who are using osx86 and leo can report this problem...thnx!

• 1 month later...

in the beginning i had same problem...

i figured out, that its related to usb.

try another usb cable (really, in my first problems it was usb cable)

when this doesnt help, its the usb port on you mainboard, try to get a low cost usb card, leopard will support it :P

and of course the virus ti works under leopard 10.5.1 and 10.5.2

cheers e

• 2 months later...

LATEST DRIVERS ARE WORKING FINE!!

go to access site download the latest beta 2.7 OS

IT ROOX Now...i can back to logic..im so happy

today i have sync probs... dammn i think ill buy one extra pci usb...

Erikk,

When i use the VIRUS TI USB out i get delay in miditiming when i press notes in the keyboard, but the arp wrks in sync.

When i use the analog out, i get the midi notes in time but the arp wrks desync.

i found that when i change the audiocore buffers i must close all virus plugins and reopen them for get all in sync.

in the beginning i had same problem...

i figured out, that its related to usb.

try another usb cable (really, in my first problems it was usb cable)

when this doesnt help, its the usb port on you mainboard, try to get a low cost usb card, leopard will support it ;)

and of course the virus ti works under leopard 10.5.1 and 10.5.2

cheers e

I found one old PCI 4x USB (vith VIA chipset) , i plugged it in the last free pci slot.. dammn!!!

Im testing the configurationa and now ViRuS Ti COntrol seems more stable...finally... i have some doubts about the VIA chipset, but for a moment it works fine, wich chipset usb is running native in a real mac?

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you Macita! I just became a hackintosh user and was worried about support for the virus ti-snow.

You answered all of my questions! :hysterical:

Let me know about it, if u get problems or not, i ordered a nec pci usb extra card compatible 100% with macs, i wanna see if this will solve the problem.

IM AT THE END OF THE EXPERIMENTS!

AND I DISCOVERED WHAT IS WRONG WITH VIRUS TI VIRUS CONTROL PLUGIN ....

DONT USE PS/2 KEXTs

Yes, you understand, ps/2 kexts for ps2 mouse and keyboard, USE USB KEYBOARD AND MOUSE!

How i discovered, i simply reinstalled leopard 10.5.2, i updated it to 10.5.3 and the updated deleted the ps2 kexts, i was too lazy for backup those 2 kexts, so i used the usb mouse and the usb keyboard (original apple ) and voilà all the usb problems related to virus control and sync disappears.

So, VIRUS TI owners be aware from ps2 kexts.

a real Mac dont use this ps2 {censored} :D