DFI Blood Iron P35 Updated w/ How To for all P35 and similar Mobo's

63 posts in this topic

Well i've had same shutdown issues with ga-p35-ds3l from gigabyte and blood iron...hwr i think that p35 with ich9 have more or less the same compatibility level...

For the shutdown issues i'm waiting a reply from Strangedaze ;)

Was the DVD drive you used to install the OS a sata or ide?

I've been unable to the retail 10.5 disc to load while have the SATA mode set to IDE w/ RUN AHCI ROM Enabled.

When I set the bios to SATA Mode AHCI I'm unable to have the boot 132 disc read by the drive.

interesting issue...i had the same issue with the kalyway cd that didn't find the root drive..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

with the boot132 method just after the boot process of the installation i get stuck at the wallpaper with the spinning wheel...no installation form get displayed...i had problem also with kalyway and ideneb with black screens....i've the blood iron t2rl with 6 sata port. 8800gt and an e2140...

ok i got a working 10.5.6 osx86 with boot132 method..

first of all i've a BLOOD IRON T2RL..if you're unsure about which motherboard you have, just check

on the pci slots there's a sticker with the model name...ok so my motherboard use ich9r chipset..

so more or less i used a couple of links of kexts used on the gygabyte ds4.

- For the installation and for working with the systema after the first reboot i used this boot132 disk

called GALAXY_BOOT HERE

- Next i use chameleon installer you can download it from chameleon project it's called

chamelon_installer.zip..

- Next i use the ls8v14 script installer that install all the kexts HERE you can find how to install it there.

- Next use efi studio that you can find in the first page of this topic for video drivers.

- For the shutdown issue i used the psystar's patch. Go to their site HERE than

click corporta in the upper right corner than opensource and then openhaltrestart patch.

that's it!! enjoy.

README: i first installed with retail cd. Than with galaxy boot i updated at 10.5.6. than again with cd and in

safe mode (option -x -v in the boot screen) i installed the next things like driver,kext etc

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Picked up a used Blood Iron mobo and I've tried this install at least 5 times using this method. The install gets about 80% complete and when the progress bar says "7 minutes left" - the screen goes gray with a kernel panic. It happens this way every time. I am using a retail 10.5.1 install dvd.

DFI Blood Iron

XFX 7800 Fatal1ty

8gb OCZ ram

WD 150gb Raptor SATA HD

NEC IDE DVD-RW

E6550 2.33ghz C2D

I've done a Kalyway install on an ASUS P5W DH Deluxe so I am familiar with the hackintosh install process. Just can't figure out what's wrong with this Blood Iron install. I tried adjusting the ACHI settings in the bios and that didn't make any difference.

Any help would be appreciated!

• 1 month later...
Picked up a used Blood Iron mobo and I've tried this install at least 5 times using this method. The install gets about 80% complete and when the progress bar says "7 minutes left" - the screen goes gray with a kernel panic. It happens this way every time. I am using a retail 10.5.1 install dvd.

DFI Blood Iron

XFX 7800 Fatal1ty

8gb OCZ ram

WD 150gb Raptor SATA HD

NEC IDE DVD-RW

E6550 2.33ghz C2D

I've done a Kalyway install on an ASUS P5W DH Deluxe so I am familiar with the hackintosh install process. Just can't figure out what's wrong with this Blood Iron install. I tried adjusting the ACHI settings in the bios and that didn't make any difference.

Any help would be appreciated!

mmm i'm a little worried about those 8gb of ram...if i'm not in wrong mac os x is 32bit so can't handle 8gb of ra... hwr can you boot the process without tha gray screen? you cant do it pressing f8 a startup

• 4 months later...

I do and its a pain in the butt to install mac but it works. You have to install the right drivers at settup nvinject for video card chipset driver ethernet driver and audio driver you have to patch when in mac after you install it. All this and you need your cd rom and hard drives connected directly to your motherboard. With ide or sata. Not raid cards on pci slots work or recognized. It is a older motherboard and they stopped making them im not sure if im gonna sell it cuz its so aswume and versatile. I can over clock put loads of ddr2 on it game install and os in windows works with ubuntu and now mac osx. Im using it as a backup I just got a new x58 power house at 4 ghz. Lemme kno or strage know if you need any help.

Logic

anyone else a DFI Blood Iron user?

I do and its a pain in the butt to install mac but it works. You have to install the right drivers at settup nvinject for video card chipset driver ethernet driver and audio driver you have to patch when in mac after you install it. All this and you need your cd rom and hard drives connected directly to your motherboard. With ide or sata. Not raid cards on pci slots work or recognized. It is a older motherboard and they stopped making them im not sure if im gonna sell it cuz its so aswume and versatile. I can over clock put loads of ddr2 on it game install and os in windows works with ubuntu and now mac osx. Im using it as a backup I just got a new x58 power house at 4 ghz. Lemme kno or strage know if you need any help.

Logic

Logic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...