60 replies to this topic

vakakush

vakakush

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
hi
if you have Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard [ToH]-RC2 -9a581 installed but unable to boot from hard disk this topic is for u.
i encountered several problem during installation and read so many forums
the best way to install it is given below :)

insert the osx dvd and hit F8
you'll now see the
boot :
type
boot: -v -x
enter
after several minutes the graphic Leopard installer should be there
click disk utilityPosted Image
and format the hard disk as MAC OS Extended (journaled)
click erase
now move to the third tab Partition and select Volume scheme (1 Partition) and in the volume information
type name Leopard and not leopard (notice the L)
now click option and select Master Boot Record
Posted Image
click apply

INSTALL LEOPARD

This really is the easiest part—just follow the on-screen instructions and choose your newly created Leopard partition as the install destination. Then, before you make that final click on the Install button, click Customize and de-select Additional Fonts, Language Translations. These components were removed so we could fit everything on the patched DVD, so we won't be installing them now.

Now you're ready. Click install and grab a quick drink. In around 10 minutes, Leopard should have installed, leaving you with just one more step before you're running with the Leopard.

POST INSTALLATION

After the installation completes, your computer will automatically restart. Unfortunately you're not ready to boot into Leopard.
don't remove the osx disk and again hit F8.
Again, type -v -x at the boot prompt and hit enter
When the install disc finally loads, go to Utilities in the menu bar and select Terminal.
in the terminal type

-bash-3.2# diskutil list

write down your Volume name and disk identifier info [EXAMPLE:(disk0s1)]
now type
-bash-3.2# diskutil umount diskXsx
[replace Xsx with our Volume name and disk identifier info [EXAMPLE:(diskutil umount disk 0s1)]
type
-bash-3.2# /usr/misc/script.sh Leopard
The script will move and copy files
now reboot
if you are able to boot into leopard its well n good but if you encounter any problem then
this time remove the disk and Press F8 at boot (quickly) and you should have something like this:
Posted Image
type
boot: -legacy and press enter
now i think your leopard should boot
now go to Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration
and click get info click the padlock button below and enter your root password when prompted then click the "+" icon and add your user account giving it read+write permission then click ok..
now open it and similarly change the permission of
com.apple.Boot.plist

and add -legacy to last line<string><string>
it should look like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-legacy</string>
</dict>
</plist>

now close it and open the disk utility
choose leopard and click repair disk permissions
after the disk permission repair is complete reboot.
When your computer reboots this time, you're ready. It's time to boot into Leopard.
after this perfect installtion you can change the name of your harddisk [Leopard] to desired name

enjoy :(

by andi luis
http://www.orkut.com...431810450481396

update

for installing 9.1.0 kernel download it from.......
place the kernel in root
reboot type F8
boot:-s enter
mount -uw /
cd /
rm -rf /mach_kernel
cp -R /mach_toh /mach_kernel
chmod -R 644 /mach_kernel
chown -R root:wheel /mach_kernel
reboot

i_am...me

i_am...me

Macbook Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
With the partition tab you can format and make an MBR all in one step. =]

odyseus

odyseus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Please forgive my ignorance but where exactly do I find.....

now move to the third tab Partition and select Volume scheme (1 Partition) and in the volume information
type name Leopard and not leopard (notice the L)
now click option and select Master Boot Record

??

I can erase volume no problem but I can't finf Master Boot Record option anywhere??

Please someone give me a clue

Many Thanks :(

i_am...me

i_am...me

Macbook Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
Posted Image

click on your hard drive and and then there will be a third tab that says Partition. Most likely if you already had windows it will already be an MBR, but it doenst hurt to check. then you click options down at the bottom and select Master Boot record. NOT GUID thats for sumthing else. i had that picture on hand so i used it

Showmann

Showmann

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
weird, i have a strange problem. I got it to start up and all that, but then the disk utility and the installer cant see my 2nd HDD. They can see the HDD with my windows XP installation on it, but cant install because "it cant change." Do you think its a driver problem that they cant see my HDD?

Mobo: p5k deluxe
CPU: e6750
HDD Seagate (SATA)

Both hdds are SATA tho...

zeazzz

zeazzz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the great guide! This installs correctly except I have to use the dvd to boot up. Very weird.

i_am...me

i_am...me

Macbook Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Thanks for the great guide! This installs correctly except I have to use the dvd to boot up. Very weird.

Chances are you accidentally made a GUID partition table. Open diskutility and click on your hard drive and see what it says on the botton

inc188

inc188

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
thanks.... your tutorial worked great for me...

now i gotta get my display figured out and my enthernet..

any clues?

economatlab

economatlab

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
hi people.i ask onequestion.can i set up leopard with my pc? i tried but didnt work.my pc hp dv 6000series

Intel Pentium Core2Duo T75002.2 GHzMobile Intel 945GM Express 4 MB800 MHz 2 GB DDR2 667 MHz (max 2GB) 250 GB SATA 5400 RPM vga nvidia8400mgs

thanks for everythig

gryzzly

gryzzly

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Nice tutorial. Very useful... just one thing : what to do when the F8 key load material boot order (disk, dvddrive, usb...) and does not permit to access darwin boot options ?

Thanks to all for your useful help... here and on many other places on the web !

Badie05

Badie05

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
THANKS! I will try this. Hope it works.

Whiplash_Stingz

Whiplash_Stingz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey guys i hope i can get a reply back really quick!!

am new to this!

pc specs:

Pentuim D ~ 3.4ghz - compatible!
Asus mobo P5VDC-MX - dont think its compatible!
1.5gig ddr2 533mhz - compatible!
2harddrives 80gig each - compatible!
7600 gs 512mb - compatible but need the resolution 1680 x 1050( havent seen anyone with it yet)

and havent seen anyone with my motherboard either "bummer"

but the guide says 100% so its good to go??

voggorb

voggorb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Hi. I can't even get to the graphic installer ;) Burned the toh rc2 iso file on a dvd using disk utility in tiger, and at booting from the dvd everything seems fine at first, but than it gets stuck on something "mDnsDynamicStoreSetConfig" and nothing happens. Seems like I am the only one who can't get to the installer. My uphuck 1.4i r2 dvd works fine, and I used it's disk utility to do the formatting and partitioning for the Leopard installation, but that didn't help.

abhi262

abhi262

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
hi, i have tried this and have done everything that you said, however, after booting up after typing in all of the stuff in terminal, you said to remove the DVD. as i did so, my computer refused to boot up from the hard drive i installed to. all i get is a flashing "_". this means that i can't type in the -legacy. can anyone help me? i have checked the boot order and my hard drive is at the top. the following are my system specs:

DELL Dimension 9150
2gb ram
sapphire radeon X1950 pro 512mb
intel p4 3.0ghz (SSE3)
thanks

shaanky98

shaanky98

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

hi, i have tried this and have done everything that you said, however, after booting up after typing in all of the stuff in terminal, you said to remove the DVD. as i did so, my computer refused to boot up from the hard drive i installed to. all i get is a flashing "_". this means that i can't type in the -legacy. can anyone help me? i have checked the boot order and my hard drive is at the top. the following are my system specs:

DELL Dimension 9150
2gb ram
sapphire radeon X1950 pro 512mb
intel p4 3.0ghz (SSE3)
thanks

Try this it worked for me http://forum.insanel...o...=75974&st=0

ЀṾ g燎

ЀṾ g燎

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
what if i dont see a third tab that says partition?? :S

Whiplash_Stingz

Whiplash_Stingz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i think because its late and everything, im missing something.............

i installed leopard toh rc2

rebooted and then i get a screen saying " you need to restart your computer. hold down the power button BLABLABLA"

so that means it does boot?

but when i remove the cd it says missing operating system

but what really wanna know is, how to i get passed the screen that says restart your computer xD

Whiplash_Stingz

Whiplash_Stingz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
WHHHHOOOOOOO i got it working!!!!!!!!!!! sooo happpyyyyy

just used the F8 then -legacy -f {censored} and it worked

just need to install my nvidia drivers for my 7600gs anyone know where to download and how?

kiepas12

kiepas12

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
what can i do ife that dvd doesnt recognize my sata drive, (Via Chipset), I have installed Tiger 10.4.9 and it works ok.

Hector93

Hector93

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Can this install without tiger X86? with no oS on the pc? Just by putting the dvd you can boot to it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy