Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard [ToH]-RC2 -9a581

vakakush

61 posts in this topic

hi

if you have Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard [ToH]-RC2 -9a581 installed but unable to boot from hard disk this topic is for u.

i encountered several problem during installation and read so many forums

the best way to install it is given below :)

insert the osx dvd and hit F8

you'll now see the

boot :

type

boot: -v -x

enter

after several minutes the graphic Leopard installer should be there

click disk utilitystart-disk-utility.png

and format the hard disk as MAC OS Extended (journaled)

click erase

now move to the third tab Partition and select Volume scheme (1 Partition) and in the volume information

type name Leopard and not leopard (notice the L)

now click option and select Master Boot Record

mbr.png

click apply

INSTALL LEOPARD

This really is the easiest part—just follow the on-screen instructions and choose your newly created Leopard partition as the install destination. Then, before you make that final click on the Install button, click Customize and de-select Additional Fonts, Language Translations. These components were removed so we could fit everything on the patched DVD, so we won't be installing them now.

Now you're ready. Click install and grab a quick drink. In around 10 minutes, Leopard should have installed, leaving you with just one more step before you're running with the Leopard.

POST INSTALLATION

After the installation completes, your computer will automatically restart. Unfortunately you're not ready to boot into Leopard.

don't remove the osx disk and again hit F8.

Again, type -v -x at the boot prompt and hit enter

When the install disc finally loads, go to Utilities in the menu bar and select Terminal.

in the terminal type

-bash-3.2# diskutil list

write down your Volume name and disk identifier info [EXAMPLE:(disk0s1)]

now type

-bash-3.2# diskutil umount diskXsx

[replace Xsx with our Volume name and disk identifier info [EXAMPLE:(diskutil umount disk 0s1)]

type

-bash-3.2# /usr/misc/script.sh Leopard

The script will move and copy files

now reboot

if you are able to boot into leopard its well n good but if you encounter any problem then

this time remove the disk and Press F8 at boot (quickly) and you should have something like this:

65647565_8adccc3d20.jpg

type

boot: -legacy and press enter

now i think your leopard should boot

now go to Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

and click get info click the padlock button below and enter your root password when prompted then click the "+" icon and add your user account giving it read+write permission then click ok..

now open it and similarly change the permission of

com.apple.Boot.plist

and add -legacy to last line<string><string>

it should look like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-legacy</string>

</dict>

</plist>

now close it and open the disk utility

choose leopard and click repair disk permissions

after the disk permission repair is complete reboot.

When your computer reboots this time, you're ready. It's time to boot into Leopard.

after this perfect installtion you can change the name of your harddisk [Leopard] to desired name

enjoy :(

by andi luis

http://www.orkut.com/Profile.aspx?uid=13821431810450481396

update

for installing 9.1.0 kernel download it from.......

place the kernel in root

reboot type F8

boot:-s enter

mount -uw /

cd /

rm -rf /mach_kernel

cp -R /mach_toh /mach_kernel

chmod -R 644 /mach_kernel

chown -R root:wheel /mach_kernel

reboot

Please forgive my ignorance but where exactly do I find.....

now move to the third tab Partition and select Volume scheme (1 Partition) and in the volume information

type name Leopard and not leopard (notice the L)

now click option and select Master Boot Record

??

I can erase volume no problem but I can't finf Master Boot Record option anywhere??

Please someone give me a clue

Many Thanks :(

86px08p.jpg

click on your hard drive and and then there will be a third tab that says Partition. Most likely if you already had windows it will already be an MBR, but it doenst hurt to check. then you click options down at the bottom and select Master Boot record. NOT GUID thats for sumthing else. i had that picture on hand so i used it

weird, i have a strange problem. I got it to start up and all that, but then the disk utility and the installer cant see my 2nd HDD. They can see the HDD with my windows XP installation on it, but cant install because "it cant change." Do you think its a driver problem that they cant see my HDD?

Mobo: p5k deluxe

CPU: e6750

HDD Seagate (SATA)

Both hdds are SATA tho...

hi people.i ask onequestion.can i set up leopard with my pc? i tried but didnt work.my pc hp dv 6000series

Intel Pentium Core2Duo T75002.2 GHzMobile Intel 945GM Express 4 MB800 MHz 2 GB DDR2 667 MHz (max 2GB) 250 GB SATA 5400 RPM vga nvidia8400mgs

thanks for everythig

Nice tutorial. Very useful... just one thing : what to do when the F8 key load material boot order (disk, dvddrive, usb...) and does not permit to access darwin boot options ?

Thanks to all for your useful help... here and on many other places on the web !

Hey guys i hope i can get a reply back really quick!!

am new to this!

pc specs:

Pentuim D ~ 3.4ghz - compatible!

Asus mobo P5VDC-MX - dont think its compatible!

1.5gig ddr2 533mhz - compatible!

2harddrives 80gig each - compatible!

7600 gs 512mb - compatible but need the resolution 1680 x 1050( havent seen anyone with it yet)

and havent seen anyone with my motherboard either "bummer"

but the guide says 100% so its good to go??

Hi. I can't even get to the graphic installer ;) Burned the toh rc2 iso file on a dvd using disk utility in tiger, and at booting from the dvd everything seems fine at first, but than it gets stuck on something "mDnsDynamicStoreSetConfig" and nothing happens. Seems like I am the only one who can't get to the installer. My uphuck 1.4i r2 dvd works fine, and I used it's disk utility to do the formatting and partitioning for the Leopard installation, but that didn't help.

hi, i have tried this and have done everything that you said, however, after booting up after typing in all of the stuff in terminal, you said to remove the DVD. as i did so, my computer refused to boot up from the hard drive i installed to. all i get is a flashing "_". this means that i can't type in the -legacy. can anyone help me? i have checked the boot order and my hard drive is at the top. the following are my system specs:

DELL Dimension 9150

2gb ram

sapphire radeon X1950 pro 512mb

intel p4 3.0ghz (SSE3)

thanks

hi, i have tried this and have done everything that you said, however, after booting up after typing in all of the stuff in terminal, you said to remove the DVD. as i did so, my computer refused to boot up from the hard drive i installed to. all i get is a flashing "_". this means that i can't type in the -legacy. can anyone help me? i have checked the boot order and my hard drive is at the top. the following are my system specs:

DELL Dimension 9150

2gb ram

sapphire radeon X1950 pro 512mb

intel p4 3.0ghz (SSE3)

thanks

Try this it worked for me http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=75974&st=0

i think because its late and everything, im missing something.............

i installed leopard toh rc2

rebooted and then i get a screen saying " you need to restart your computer. hold down the power button BLABLABLA"

so that means it does boot?

but when i remove the cd it says missing operating system

but what really wanna know is, how to i get passed the screen that says restart your computer xD

Can this install without tiger X86? with no oS on the pc? Just by putting the dvd you can boot to it?
Yes, the only thing you need will be the Leopard.
Please forgive my ignorance but where exactly do I find.....now move to the third tab Partition and select Volume scheme (1 Partition) and in the volume information type name Leopard and not leopard (notice the L) now click option and select Master Boot Record ??I can erase volume no problem but I can't finf Master Boot Record option anywhere??Please someone give me a clueMany Thanks :rolleyes:
You Click on the hard drive, will be something like the dvd that you put it in, and then you click on the thrid tab, i think he wasnt clear when he said it. =)

hector_85, yes you can, provided you have a storage device bigger than 10gb

also, people who can't find the Master Boot record bit, you have to go to utilities at the very top, click disk utility and there, in the new disk utility windo will you find three tabs. also you have to select the whole hard disk if you want to be a able to see the partition tab. there in the options button a new window will come up, youll find your MBR there. (master boot record)

hi guys.

I have leopard_9A559_osx86scene [toh].dmg file

is this the right file for install?

my specs:

MB: asrock ii945-16

cpu: intel 1.66 ghz

vga: intel 950 gma

ram: 2x1.0 gig patriot ddr2

HD: 250 gig westerndigital

thanks!

Hey I don't know if it's my set up or what but I found out that if I have CD rom as first boot device in BIOS, the OS won't boot without the DVD in the drive. I happen to mess around and change to the HDD as first boot device and it booted right into Leopard no problems at all. Just a little info! Still having problems with the whole shut down/restart. It won't do either! :P