Ilife06´s garageband/Quicktime kills Rosseta

VooD

29 posts in this topic

I installed iLife 06 tonight, and I got the "you need Quicktime 7.0.4" message when I tried to run GarageBand. Read up this thread. Then checked my Quicktime. It IS 7.0.4. I don't remember installing it. Elsewhere in this thread someone mentioned Quicktime on the iLife DVD, but my DVD has only the iLife installer and the readme. When you say "Quicktime on the DVD," are you referring to Quicktime that the iLife installer installs? If it installs it, and I seem to have it, then what's with the "you need Quicktime 7.0.4" message?

I was trying to install ilife soi have garage band, but the installation habg at middle. And i had to force quit.

Now when i try to install again the installer stops, saying there where errors and don't install.

Is there anyway i can force the clean on ilife? I've tried look for installation logs to see what is happening, because for sure there are some isntalled files and the install won't go if they are there.

Anyone had this probem before?

wow how long has it been ok to install quicktime from apple.com??

since mid january when intel macs were released. itunes is also a unibin from the apple site now too (and more reliable than the one in the 10.4.3 dev kit).

you can download and install anything from the apple site now and it's unibin except for their "pro" apps and some third party software in their made4mac section. Apple also has a universal binaries third party software search tool on their site - you can see what is already unibin (hundreds of titles) and what isn't (thousands of titles). The numbers are growing daily!

dkelley