Tip: Users having iWeb problems due to no QE

binary

33 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
I tried searching for anything that has to do with my nvidia geforce2 mx but I can't find anything for the mac. I don't even see any drivers on nvidia's webiste for the mac and this card. Could anyone who already has these drivers or kexts or whatever give me a link or download?

Also my card is 32mb, but in the system profile it lists it has a 128mb card? Is there any explanation for this?

Hi

I have nvidia geforce 5500 FX and I am using it with Macvidia driver http://macvidia.starchaser.org/ , after you install it go to ( System Preferences > Display ) if the screen turned black after you change the resolution, Hit up or down key to change it to your Card and monitor compatible resolution.

I am using 1152 x 868 with 75.0 Hertz

• 9 months later...

*bump*

the method described here worked fine for Pages on my install (another poor sucker with ATI x200G internal graphics {censored} without QE...), so I wonder what else will work without QE.

Any updates on Keynotes or other QE-dependant appz that could be "convinced" to run that way??

Toast 8 is another candidate, but I can not find similar settings... ideas anyone?

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi guys,

Here's a great tip I discovered while playing around with iWeb and having the same freeze issues as other users without QE support. Remember plists are your friends. B)

Open the iWeb application by right clicking on the app and selecting "Show Package Contents"

Browse to "/Contents/Resources/" and open "deafults.plist" in textedit.

Find the lines "<key>SFRAcceleratedCanvas</key>

<true/>"

and edit it to <key>SFRAcceleratedCanvas</key>

<false/>"

Save

Relaunch iWeb.

No more freezing, prefectly usable.

I'm not quite sure if there are any ill effects, probably not, just no fancy effects and such.

Maybe those who have installed iMovie, or iDVD could find similar keys to get those apps working as well.

Enjoy! :wacko:

Can't work with Page 9''. Anyone is lucky on this?

• 5 weeks later...