Leopard and the RT8169 stopping after a few minutes...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

jaminmc

jaminmc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Ok, I got Leopard running. I have a ASRock 775-DUAL-VSTA motherboard, with a PCI Realteck RTL8169. This card always worked perfect under Tiger. Never lost a network connection. Now on leapord, it connects and works for only a fre munites, then my mounted drives suddenly ask to be disconnected, and I can't ping to anything. Now, I can do a
kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext
and then
kextload /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext
and get it back for a little while longer. But after that I can't mount my network drives again. It is a huge pain in the butt. I have tried the ones in Leopard, ones from my Tiger install, the ones from Realteck's website, and the one that was made from the linux driver. All have done the exact same thing. It is real frustrating... Anyone else have any Subjestions?

Paulo Greimel

Paulo Greimel

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Quite the same problem here... RTL8187 drops the connection a few seconds after booting up.

johannes999

johannes999

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I have exaxtly the same problem what can be done?

macwanttobe

macwanttobe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Same problem here ... I have been looking for a long time :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy