ATi Mobility Radeon x1700

righteye

809 posts in this topic

Hi there

Someone tryied to play Tiberian Wars on Leopard ? I get only a black screen and i hear the music ... Some advice ?

Thanks

I only have x360 version Tiberian Wars so can't test T_T . I have tested with some 3D casual games , cinebench R10 , opengl viewer , all work fine . Is there any more 3D applications cause you problem ( for testing purpose better to be freeware ) ?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
<string>English</string>
<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
<string>ATIinject</string>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.max.ATIinject</string>
<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
<string>6.0</string>
<key>CFBundleName</key>
<string>ATIinject</string>
<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
<string>KEXT</string>
<key>CFBundleSignature</key>
<string>????</string>
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>1.0.0d1</string>
<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>
<dict>
	<key>ATIinject</key>
	<dict>
		<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
		<string>com.max.ATIinject</string>
		<key>IOClass</key>
		<string>com_max_ATIinject</string>
		<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
		<string>IOFramebuffer</string>
		<key>IONameMatch</key>
		<string>display</string>
		<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
		<string>0x00001002&0x0000ffff</string>
		<key>IOProbeScore</key>
		<integer>20000</integer>
		<key>IOProviderClass</key>
		<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
		<key>entriesToAdd</key>
		<dict>
			<key>@0,AAPL,boot-display</key>
			<integer>1</integer>
			<key>@0,ATY,EFIDisplay</key>
			<string>LVDS</string>
			<key>@0,compatible</key>
			<string>ATY,Wormy</string>
			<key>@0,device_type</key>
			<string>display</string>
			<key>@0,display-dither-support</key>
			<integer>1</integer>
			<key>@0,display-dual-link</key>
			<integer>2</integer>
			<key>@0,display-link-component-bits</key>
			<integer>6</integer>
			<key>@0,display-type</key>
			<string>LCD</string>
			<key>@0,inverter-current</key>
			<integer>0</integer>
			<key>@0,name</key>
			<key>@1,AAPL,boot-display</key>
			<integer>0</integer>
			<key>@1,ATY,EFIDisplay</key>
			<string>DFP1</string>
			<key>@1,compatible</key>
			<key>@1,device_type</key>
			<string>display</string>
			<key>@1,display-dither-support</key>
			<integer>0</integer>
			<key>@1,display-dual-link</key>
			<integer>2</integer>
			<key>@1,display-link-component-bits</key>
			<integer>6</integer>
			<key>@1,inverter-current</key>
			<integer>1</integer>
			<key>@1,name</key>
			<key>AAPL,backlight-control</key>
			<integer>1</integer>
			<key>AAPL00,Coherency</key>
			<integer>2</integer>
			<key>ATY,Copyright</key>
			<string>Copyright ATI Technologies Inc. 2005</string>
			<key>ATY,DeviceID</key>
			<integer>29141</integer>
			<key>ATY,EFIVersion</key>
			<string>1.3</string>
			<key>ATY,VendorID</key>
			<integer>4098</integer>
			<key>CRT1.EDID</key>
			<data>
			AP///////wAebZ1DRQALAAUOAQNuIht46i7lpFdKnCUR
			UFSla4AxT0VPYU+BgAEBAQEBAQEBMCoAmFEAKkAwcBMA
			Ug4RAAAeAAAA/QA4Sx5TDgAKICAgICAgAAAA/ABMMTcz
			MFAKICAgICAgAAAA/AAgCiAgICAgICAgICAgAJE=
			</data>
			<key>CRT2.EDID</key>
			<data>
			AP///////wAebZ1DRQALAAUOAQNuIht46i7lpFdKnCUR
			UFSla4AxT0VPYU+BgAEBAQEBAQEBMCoAmFEAKkAwcBMA
			Ug4RAAAeAAAA/QA4Sx5TDgAKICAgICAgAAAA/ABMMTcz
			MFAKICAgICAgAAAA/AAgCiAgICAgICAgICAgAJE=
			</data>
			<key>DFP1,EDID</key>
			<data>
			AP///////wAebZ5DRQALAAUOAQPuIht46i7lpFdKnCUR
			UFSlaoAxT0VPYU+BgAEBAQEBAQEBMCoAmFEAKkAwcBMA
			Ug4RAAAeAAAA/QA4Sx5HCwAKICAgICAgAAAA/ABMMTcz
			MFAKICAgICAgAAAA/AAgCiAgICAgICAgICAgACA=
			</data>
			<key>LVDS,EDID</key>
			<data>
			AP///////wANr0UVAAAAACUQAQOAIRV4Ct1ol1ZQhyYe
			TlEAAAABAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBqyKgoFCEGjAwIDYA
			TM8QAAAYAAAA/gBOMTU0QzEtTDAxCiAgAAAA/gBDTU8K
			ICAgICAgICAgAAAA/gBOMTU0QzEtTDAxCiAgAIw=
			</data>
			<key>device_type</key>
			<string>ATY,WormyParent</string>
			<key>model</key>
			<string>ATI Mobility Radeon X1700</string>
			<key>name</key>
			<string>ATY,WormyParent</string>
		</dict>
	</dict>
</dict>
<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>
<dict>
	<key>com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily</key>
	<string>1.0.0b1</string>
	<key>com.apple.kernel.iokit</key>
	<string>6.0</string>
</dict>
<key>OSBundleRequired</key>
<string>Safe Boot</string>
</dict>
</plist>

hi all

i got a good news and a bad one.

use this atiinject.kext/contents/info.plist i can work with ext-LCD with my F3JP .

ext-LCD is LG1730P using DVI-port now, in this case be MainScreen. F3JP is sencondly.

bad news is :

everytime i click the button is "detect displays" , i take a BLANKscreen everyone.

from QE/CI full-res started. it's still there.

I hope all people x1700 be continue for test with multi-screen.

thx

john

I've been able to get pretty flawless results on my ThinkPad T60p (FireGL v5250) using the methods described in this and other related threads. I wanted to express my thanks to everyone for providing such valuable information to the community. It's much appreciated.

After having had much success with my notebook's LCD panel, I have been trying to get my Dell 2407WFP working as an external monitor using the VGA output on the T60p. Thus far, I've had pretty bad results. Leopard will detect the 2407WFP, including it's proper supported resolutions, yet I can only get the panel to display a blue screen, nothing more. It's been frustrating, considering I've been able to get everything else on the ThinkPad working.

I'd be grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction on this. From searching the forums and reading countless threads, external display support seems to be a sticking point for a number of people.

Thanks,

Jason

I've been able to get pretty flawless results on my ThinkPad T60p (FireGL v5250) using the methods described in this and other related threads. I wanted to express my thanks to everyone for providing such valuable information to the community. It's much appreciated.

After having had much success with my notebook's LCD panel, I have been trying to get my Dell 2407WFP working as an external monitor using the VGA output on the T60p. Thus far, I've had pretty bad results. Leopard will detect the 2407WFP, including it's proper supported resolutions, yet I can only get the panel to display a blue screen, nothing more. It's been frustrating, considering I've been able to get everything else on the ThinkPad working.

I'd be grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction on this. From searching the forums and reading countless threads, external display support seems to be a sticking point for a number of people.

Thanks,

Jason

Hi Jason,

Just to be sure : you have full working video in Leopard (10.5 or 10.5.1 ?) with QE / CI supported ? In my case I have the right resolution (1680x1050) but CI: software and QE: unsupported. If you have it right, can you post your files please?

Thank you, and thank you all for the usefull work and information.

Hi Jason,

Just to be sure : you have full working video in Leopard (10.5 or 10.5.1 ?) with QE / CI supported ? In my case I have the right resolution (1680x1050) but CI: software and QE: unsupported. If you have it right, can you post your files please?

Thank you, and thank you all for the usefull work and information.

This is all under 10.5.1, but should work under 10.5 as well. To be clear though, others have done all the hard work on this. I've tested out a number of the methods posted in this thread and others I've come across. I ended up using the kexts posted by finetuned, as he and I have the exact same notebook configuration from what I can tell. QE/CI is supported.

Jason

Jason R: I have the same notebook you have, and I was wondering if I should or should not install Leopard.

How is the driver situation? For what I've just read, your video card and laptop display are working perfectly. Sound card? Network? Battery and power management?

Oh, and one more thing: which Leopard DVD are you using? Does it have the EFI patch? Are you using it?

Thank you, and sorry for the Off-topic!

Z

Jason R: I have the same notebook you have, and I was wondering if I should or should not install Leopard.

How is the driver situation? For what I've just read, your video card and laptop display are working perfectly. Sound card? Network? Battery and power management?

Oh, and one more thing: which Leopard DVD are you using? Does it have the EFI patch? Are you using it?

Thank you, and sorry for the Off-topic!

Z

I'd go for it, it's definitely been a much better experience than Tiger. I'm running BrazilMac with PC EFI 8. I stopped short of getting battery and power management working, both of which I read are possible however. I don't think sleep support is likely though, given limitations in the way PC EFI works, but I could be wrong there.

So far, the biggest annoyance has been that I haven't been able to get external monitor support working, whether through my docking station, or the VGA out port on the left side of the T60p. I really need either of those for this to become a productive work machine, as I use it for software development.

Feel free to ask if you have any further questions. I ran into a few small issues here and there, but nothing I wasn't able to overcome with a lot of research on these and other forums. :rolleyes:

I've just finished downloading Leopard ToH RC2 and I'm planning to install the EFI patch. Did you have any trouble applying the unpatched apple 10.5.1 update using PC EFI 8?

Oh, and could you upload to Mediafire or something like that the extensions you used to get QE/CI and full resolution on leopard? (Yeah, it's because i'm lazy... :rolleyes:).

Thanks again!

Z

I've just finished downloading Leopard ToH RC2 and I'm planning to install the EFI patch. Did you have any trouble applying the unpatched apple 10.5.1 update using PC EFI 8?

Oh, and could you upload to Mediafire or something like that the extensions you used to get QE/CI and full resolution on leopard? (Yeah, it's because i'm lazy... :D ).

Thanks again!

Z

I didn't have any trouble updating to 10.5.1 straight from Apple Software Update.

You can grab the extentions from finetuned's post I linked to earlier, but here's the link on RapidShare:

http://rapidshare.com/files/74577871/ATIv5250_kexts.zip.html

Thanks! It's working perfectly on Leopard 10.5.1 with PC EFI :censored2:

Hey, a solution for your power management problem: if you have a Tiger DVD, get from there the "pwrmngmt" package, install it and... tadaaaa! you get power management.

Hi guys,

I downloaded the V5250 kext files and followed the instructions on the link for getting leoaprd to work. Upon bootup, I get a higher resolution than 1024x768. However, when I click on the display to check out the settings, I get a blue screen error. After rebooting the system, I still get a blue screen. This is on a Thinkpad T60p.

Any ideas why? I used the leopard flat image file booting off the ultra bay.

Hi guys,

I downloaded the V5250 kext files and followed the instructions on the link for getting leoaprd to work. Upon bootup, I get a higher resolution than 1024x768. However, when I click on the display to check out the settings, I get a blue screen error. After rebooting the system, I still get a blue screen. This is on a Thinkpad T60p.

Any ideas why? I used the leopard flat image file booting off the ultra bay.

This may or may not help, but try hitting FN + F7 a few times and see if you get anything other than the blue screen. When I was attempting to get my Dell 2407WFP working with the T60p, I ran into a blue screen a few times on the notebook's internal monitor.

Hey, I'm trying to get the external monitor to work with the T60p, and I've added my external monitor EDID (extracted from windows) to ATIinject.kext as CRT2,EDID

The problem is that whenever I add that entry in the file, OS X shows an error message saying that the extension could not be loaded.

Any idea why?

Hi Jason,

Hitting FN+F7 allowed me to get back to the desktop at 800x600 resolution. I was able to get back to display settings and tried to choose the resolution when after 1 second, it gave me the blue screen again.

Any else have any clues as to what could be wrong?

Yesterday I was having a similar problem, and the only way to get back to 1680x1050 was to boot in single user mode (F8 at startup and options -v -s) and delete the following files:

/Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist

/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.windowserver.UnknownHostID.plist

Hello there,

This should be the first Topic for those that have the x1700 graphic cards and can give or they need help getting Qe/Ci enabled no matter on what version of kernel or system version.

There are 2 metods of getting the card working on full resolution an internal and/or external display:

1. using the ATIinject.kext ported from the one for x1600

2. with the Diabolik's Natitx1600.kext also modified

The responsible for the Vram (memory) is the ATINDRV.kext

ATIRadeonX1000.kext enables the Qe/Ci ...

anybody had a success with this .kext pack for ATI Mobility x1250? (device ID 1002:7942)

anybody had a success with this .kext pack for ATI Mobility x1250? (device ID 1002:7942)

Have no idea if this works for your card but a better solution is to search on this forum for similar posts. An advice for you is to try first to get the card recognised so try to modify ATiinject.kext or the Natit.kext Here you can get the Diabolik's files look for Natitx1300.kext or installer and modify the info.plist to suit to your device id and the EDID.

Good luck

i have a little problem,thinking it's OVERCLOCK my x1700 ,

IODeviceTree:/PCI0@0/P0P1@1/VGA@0

ATY,MCLK <c8 af 00 00> =0xafc8 =45000 =450.00MHz(i guess)

ATY,SCLK <3c a5 00 00> =0xa53c=42300 = 423.00Mhz (guess again)

ATY,vram,memsize <00 01 00 00> =65536 (i think it's should be kbs,but correct value is 262144 <00 04 00 00>)

My F3jp x1700 is DDR2-256MB ,core 460MHz memory 400Mhz. i can confirm this with F3JPBIOS208.vga.rom .

Ok,i wanna fix it.

when i put the correct key+string/data to atiinject.kext/contents/info.plist , totaly faild.

i clean the caches in /System/Library/caches/*.* and /System/Library/*.mkext in single mode everytime.

other things:

work with QE/CI ,i just change the id "71DE" to "71D5" both plist & binary .

ATINDRV ver 1.4.32.17 (1.0f253)

ATIRadeonX1000 1.5.18.7 (5045)

john

post-156706-1198346612_thumb.jpg

Hi

I've managed to get 1024x768 QE/CI, but it has mouse tearing.

I've tried thehuan's ATIinject.kext and NatitX1700.kext, but they both gave me blank screens (I've replaced the EDID)

I'm currently using Uphuck's iATKOS

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance