Leopard on Asus P5N32e-sli and hopefully some other nforce mobos, perfect install dvd and informations...

 Mysticus C*

86 posts in this topic

is there goning to be a better NforceATA kext support? the last medevil one doesn't work too well....

there is no better support for nforce than medevils... if it didnt exist there wouldnt be any at all... so no luck... either pata or no luck if sata doesnt work... sorry not my fault...

the old Medevil kext included in the Kalyway install DIsc, gave me SATA DVD + PATA HDD support; no SATA HDD support. The new medevil kext gave me SATA HDD+PATA HDD support but no SATA DVD support. If there is a way to combine the old and the new together than that will work perfectly.

the old Medevil kext included in the Kalyway install DIsc, gave me SATA DVD + PATA HDD support; no SATA HDD support. The new medevil kext gave me SATA HDD+PATA HDD support but no SATA DVD support. If there is a way to combine the old and the new together than that will work perfectly.

dude stop asking me to get every single hardware in your system to work, i cant... and for your issue please go to medevil's forum and tell him about the issue and ask him if he can help u or not... i m not the guy who is making the driver for nforce... we are just trying to combine a system that will help other nforce users installl leo less painfully...

i hope you understand that part... please go ask the questions to right people!

{censored} YOU

nice attitude over there,

i warned you to stop PMing me about asking every single hardware question to me... I am not your personal assistant neither anyone here...

i showed you the way how to do it... however you still asking every single thing about your system, in forum, but not in right manner nor in right place... you problems have spesific answers in different places, and you can get answers for them in those threads... however you think of everyone as your personal assistant or servant i guess? you are wrong... change your attitude and do not expect an answer until you do so, or else i will report you to mods...

learn how to respect / behave...

for other people:

r3 coming tonight, i will do something nice, you wont need to wait in torrents... :thumbsdown_anim: i will announce it when it is out, and will make two set of stuffs, one for ppfs only so u wont wait so long to get everything, and one for the dvd that will have all the patches included... stay tuned...

Mysticus, you rule man! I never had the chance to thank you the 1st time for the nforce ppf. It worked nicely and I've got my system up and running almost perfectly (if it wasn´t for the network P5N32-E pain in the a**), but now I'm ancious to see the new ppf.

Btw, my system is identical to yours, besides Q6600 G0 and Geforce 8800 GTX. Thanks a lot m8. :wacko:

Peace! :(

Mysticus, you rule man! I never had the chance to thank you the 1st time for the nforce ppf. It worked nicely and I've got my system up and running almost perfectly (if it wasn´t for the network P5N32-E pain in the a**), but now I'm ancious to see the new ppf.

Btw, my system is identical to yours, besides Q6600 G0 and Geforce 8800 GTX. Thanks a lot m8. :rolleyes:

Peace! :P

no problem man... just trying to help, but of course i cannot be helpful every single thing... and some people expect 1st class service... :) r3 is coming and will test it very soon, and get u guys informed about how to get it, but dont expect anything in public :)

i have bad news, it wont be out tonight.... sorry guys....

i have good news: it is done, now we are gonna test and see everything works fine, and than release tomorrow hopefully... please do not pm me about asking to test, it s not public test... but i can tell if everything works, it will definetely worth the wait... now off to test it...

i run the test dvd and it got some problems... so it will need fixing some stuff, as it is missing them... hopefully tomorrow, our friends in development will take a look at the issues... i will keep you updated... almost there...

for your installation concern, i can tell u that if it works as intended, as in my previous installation, it took only 7 mins for entire installation... so it will be fast, (but i use Pata drive and cannot test my sata drives although they are being recognized as they in raid mode...) For nforce systems, Pata is the safest and least hassle option as I see many people have issues with sata drives... but will see... some people's system will work fine in sata config, others wont...

Hi Have the same setup as you do

q6600

p5n32esli

2gb ram

ide hd 250

sata dvd burner

have d/l ToH_x86_9A581_RC2.iso burnt it to disk 4x

booted with -v -f cpus=1

all i get is still waiting for root device. any ideas i was thinking the bios might be the reason or that i dont have a sata hd

could you list changes to bios please?

all help would be appreciated

all i get is still waiting for root device. any ideas i was thinking the bios might be the reason or that i dont have a sata hd

could you list changes to bios please?

Hello. I think it might be because of your SATA DVD burner. I don't think SATA works in iATKOS without patching it... I have an IDE DVD burner, and 2 HDDs: one IDE and one SATA. For me, iATKOS boots from DVD, but it only sees the IDE HDD.

You might also consider upgrading your BIOS to the latest version (but be careful!)

we run into some problems in dvd, hopefully will fix it as quickly as possible....

@gd666: its better to use ide hdd/dvd drive... bcoz nforce chipsets acts funy on various systems very differently... even the same chipset....

best option to use pata drives... iAtkos 1.0i r2 as it is, dont have nforce patched kernel and nforceata drivers... so it s normal to see only pata drives... in iAtkos team, there is an nforce ppf to work on top of r2... so it boots and installs fine with this ppf, but after installation it doesnt install the nforce kernel and ata driver... they are only for boot, thats one of the reasons to wait for r3 as it will add install option as well... so people will be able to boot and install as well with least amount of trouble....

for people with toh, read my guide proparly... bcoz pata drives w/o appropriate drivers and settings can be dangerous and u may wipe out your HDD... bcoz applegenericpcata driver sees only first 128 gb of the hdd... and if u are not carefull what it means and what to do next... u may end up wiping entire hdd and having only osx on it with max 128 gb support and in pio mode (meaning 10 times slower hdd speeds!!! and boot times....)

so just wait for r3 or be careful with what u do...

+ just some headsup news... i am currently preparing instructions for as noob friendly as possible (but some noobs will never learn to read proparly, they dont count...) and and getting ready for new ppf...

+ i m also getting the sources ready for people who knows what to do first and next, and so that not all of you will need to d/l the whole thing, only the things you will need... be prepared :)

Can't wait for it!! Be brief! ^_^:D

i cant give u more details than that i m preparing the link sources... :) i wont place it on the public, but people who are reading this thread will learn it when it is out...

i will prepare everything so that in the end many of you will be satisfied, of course not "all" of you...

Hey you don't know how much hope this thread has already given me. I'm a total noob to hackintosh and seems like I have a little tough mobo to try to get this to work on. I have fairly similar setup I think P5N32-SLI SE Delux Mobo; E6600 2.4; 7950GT 2x1GB corsair DDR2 800. WD20000JS 200GB SATA.

Cannot get unpatched iATKOS_v1.0i.iso to boot with -v -x cpus=1 get a kernel panic. Didn't really understand what patching meant I assume I need to edit the ISO and get some of these additional drivers on it and re-burn...as I said total noob. Looking forward to updated procedure I've wasted a lot of time on it thanks in advance.

Hi i gotten i little bit futher

q6600

p5n32esli

2gb ram

ide hd 250

sata dvd burner

have d/l ToH_x86_9A581_RC2.iso burnt it to disk 4x

booted with -v -f -x -legacy cpus=1

all i get is still waiting for root device (needed a ide rom solved). a

now i updates the boot config as per instruction.

boot it with -v -legacy cpus=1 it get to the start of the gui and then it stop Grey screen with mouse courser.

i am stuck again help please

all help would be appreciated

guys, we are trying to make this dvd to work on much more systems than just nforce, but it will work great on nforce, however please remember, some of the problems are not just very east to fix, as there is no official nforceata driver, it s very hard to get everyone's nforce ata drives (esp sata) to work.

if you read through medevil's forum, you will see that it works great on some but not too well on some other... i just dont know why, but my guess is that different bios designs (kabyl hinted that) and different design structures causes this trouble. You can see same chipset in a different brand mobo works/acts totally different. I am personally using pata drives (both hdd and dvd) nforce patched iatkos recognizes everything on my system however i cant test my sata drives as they are in raid mode, and there is no raid driver for nforce chipsets...

all i can say is right now r3 is being fixed and will be ready very soon... i have the nforce patched dvd, it s small glitches but works great on my system and some others as well who knows what to do after initial install... just a little bit more patience please... also start signing up my friend list, or go to irc channel of iatkos, r3 will be announced there, but i will provide/announce full guide on what things need to be known and how to install kind of things from here, through PM... so you wont need to go through torrent hassle, if u know what i mean, so please be patient and line up in my friend list...

Hello,

my mobo is a ASUS P5N32-SLI-SE-DELUXE.

At the boot prompt i must type "cpus=1" to start the MAC OS (10.5.1).

How can i install the Leo 10.5.1 sse3 mach_kernel? I want to use both cores...

Thx

P.S.: Sorry for my english...i´m german!