Asus P5K-SE

xlars

121 posts in this topic

hye there..i also have asus pfk-se mobo with core 2 duo 2.33 processor and nivdia geforce 8600GT and 2gb of ram.i wanna install mac os on my pc.but i didnt know hot to do it.so please anyone post for tutorial to install mac os on asus p5k-se mobo.if possible please include how to dual boot.i really noob for this.thank you.
Download ChaOSX86 5 from irc.osx86.hu channel ChaOSX86Its easier to install than XP :-)
I installed those packages,but i still haven't sound and can't change the screen resolution. May i ask you if it's possible now,when i have allready installed 10.4.10,to install Leo over Tiger? I visited a lot a forums,and i hink there is no chance for my videocard,to get a driver. :pirate2: :help: If i could change the resolution,i'll be happy,even without the sound. Thanks for your replyes.I will keep searching.
Use two partitions: The first one for Tiger and the second one for Leo.Its the easiest way, and you can later easily modify one from the other
xlars: have you tried Leopard alone?What about sound through SPDIF, have you managed to make it work?
Use AppleAzalia and the sound is OK :-)
Guys does this works using IDE or just SATA?Is there a way to make it to work using IDE?
If you use ChaOSX86 5 then you can use a DVD ide to install
I installed those packages,but i still haven't sound and can't change the screen resolution. May i ask you if it's possible now,when i have allready installed 10.4.10,to install Leo over Tiger? I visited a lot a forums,and i hink there is no chance for my videocard,to get a driver. :(:( If i could change the resolution,i'll be happy,even without the sound. Thanks for your replyes.I will keep searching.
Sound is OK with AppleAzaliaI use nvidia 7600GT here and works great with Titan package

Check the Wiki Installation Guide first.

You'll probably have to enter XP setup and choose repair XP installation (fixboot, fixmbr). After you boot into windows you either have to use a boot loader, or change the boot.ini file in XP root folder in order to dual boot on Tiger and XP

Use different HDs for Mac and Windows. Its the best advise :-)

{censored} i got tiger ChaOSx build and cant get to work on p5k p5kr and p5b tried all possible configs of jmicron and sata as well as plugging hdd to ich9® sata ports and jmicron ports only thing i managed is instal it on p5ld2 can someone help me with this!?! im so desperate 2 days of attemts and nothing good not speaking about trying leo. got sata cdrom usb cd rom and ide cdrom.. nothing good

{censored} i got tiger ChaOSx build and cant get to work on p5k p5kr and p5b tried all possible configs of jmicron and sata as well as plugging hdd to ich9® sata ports and jmicron ports only thing i managed is instal it on p5ld2 can someone help me with this!?! im so desperate 2 days of attemts and nothing good not speaking about trying leo. got sata cdrom usb cd rom and ide cdrom.. nothing good

With P5K-SE works great! :-)

can u say what are bios prefrences for jmicron and sata config for p5kr pls i got ich9R and some jmicron ports and sata cd rom if u got any clues or maybe i should try different build or leo... the uglyest thing that it doesnt even start to load i nstall and after reboot i got blinking cursor

p.s.

is there a way to fix ATX power issues on a p5ld2 i got hackos working but cant shut down it stops on a blue screen and sleep causes instant reboot

Hey Guys,

Ive got a p5kse and cannot get leopard to install,

I have leo gm and brazill patch, but after installing it says cannot

find Operating system, and from startup disk, it is not listed.

I have verfied the partition is active.

any ideas?

Ive even tried the "make leopard bootable dvd"

Ive got sata dvd and hdd,

dvd in sata 1

hdd in sata 2

Do I need the ChaOSX86 image? can i only get it via irc?

I have tried my old JaS DVD but i get an error before the graphial install.

yes...the url web that u give to me..after i unzip that file there are two file there that one the iso file and the other is MD5 file. after i burn it and...i have install it..that works fine..but after reboot ..i just got gray screen again2 and again...why???please help me...

Boot from the setup DVD and use -s, and see if you can mount the harddisk.

If yes, then remove ApplePIIXATA.kext from /System/Library/Extensions

and modify /System/Library/Extensions/AppleVIAATA.kext/Contents/Info.plist

IOKitPersonalities

VIA SATA Controller

IOPCIPrimaryMatch ... (add these values) 0x612111ab 0x29218086 0x29268086

It looks as the problem is the DVD ide. You need a DVD sata

ok..i already did what u tell me..after put -s then the disk mount..and thenn what the command to remove and modify that file???u mean if can mount the disk, the disk will open or what???please....i really dont know...

Do it this way:

1. boot normally using the setup DVD

2. From the top menu select "terminal"

3. In the terminal do this:

4. rm -rf /Volumes/Tiger/System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext

5. nano /Volumes/Tiger/System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleVIAATA.kext/Contents/Info.plist

6. Inside that Info.plist search for VIA SATA Controller and then for IOPCIPrimaryMatch and add these values after 0x610111ab: 0x29218086 0x29268086

7. Save and exit from the file

8. rm -rf /Volumes/Tiger/System/Library/Extensions.*

9. exit from the terminal and reboot without the setup DVD

All these is needed because you are using a DVD ide. Using a DVD sata everything is ok

one more question...i must doing it after installation of mac os or when first install the mac??because after i install mac os and reboot then boot from the dvd i just got the same page when first install the mac os.thank you for your helping.

do it _after_ installation, but just open terminal and do as explained. then reboot

I can not even boot up!

xlars: I@ve tried your image and it did not work. I have using usb external dvd and PATA disk.

Have also tried to change it to SATA disk without luck.

Unlucky for me, I do not hav an SATA DVD at hand...

Has anyone tried using a USB external DVD for installation?

I can not even boot up!

xlars: I@ve tried your image and it did not work. I have using usb external dvd and PATA disk.

Have also tried to change it to SATA disk without luck.

Unlucky for me, I do not hav an SATA DVD at hand...

Has anyone tried using a USB external DVD for installation?

Its not my image :-) I am just a happy user

You need DVD sata in sata port 1 and a HD sata in sata port 2