Final Cut Pro 6 won't start up

MoDs

16 posts in this topic

Howdy,

I've installed Final Cut Pro 6 and on the first run, it showed me a dialog to choose some kinda format. I didn't change the default values, and just clicked "Ok." It then showed me the following error:

screen.jpg

After that error, the program just quits!

I tried all the different "formats" by deleting the "User Settings" folder of Final Cut, but still no success.

NOTE1: I'm using a hacintosh without FireWire. But i know that Final Cut *can* be installed on a hacintosh without FireWire because a friend of mine has done it exactly the same way i did it!

NOTE2: My hacintosh is working *perfectly*. Everything is working! ... Everything!!

Am i missing something? Someone please, help!

Thanks in advance.

I'll check that out (the target PC isn't exactly mine!). But i heard that the problem can be solved by deleting all QuickTime reciepts and reinstalling the newest one from Apple.com?!

Anyways, I'll try it and get back to you.

Thanks for your reply.

That External A/V message isn't so much an error as it is a search for a connected firewire capture/record device. It's kind of like Gear Pro Mastering Edition on the PC. It looks for all expected connected devices. You can simply check 'do not warn again' and hit continue. The message won't appear again...that is, once you get past the load problem. Also, if this is your own retail copy of Final Cut Pro, I'd advise you remove the photo you posted as soon as possible since it contains both your name and your product serial number.

If i check 'do not warn again' and hit continue, it just quits!

I want to work with FCP without connecting any devices. I have the footages on my HDD.

Is there any solution to that?

Thanks for your replies again!

I had the same problem, but I read about this somewhere else. You can solve this by deleting the file NetworkInterfaces.plist (Volumes/Mac Os X/ Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration) (I made a backup :unsure:. Then reboot and FCP works. Probably you'll get the message that there's no Firewire device detected,

but this time you can continue.

You can also edit the NetworkInterfaces.plist in the terminal (pico) and make sure to set the "en1" to "en0".

If the internetconnection doesnt work, just go to Network and follow the steps with the Networkdiagnostics to set up your connection.

I still can't get FC to load....Airport shows up in my Network page as 'Currently Off', but not under the 'Show' bar......I have deleted the networkinterfaces.plist so my ethernet is back as en0.....hmmm

Did you reboot your system after trashing the networkinterfaces.plist? Have you tried to edit the networkinterfaces.plist manually? (pico)

I don't have airport, so I'm sorry if I can't help...

CS3? umm.. IC

Try downloading this kext http://www.pwspro.com/AppleSMBIOS.kext.zip

NOTE: make a backup incase something bad happens!

- Extract AppleSMBIOS.kext into /System/Library/Extensions (you must replace the old one)

- Open the Terminal, cd into /System/Library, remove the files with : sudo rm Extensions.*

- Repair permissions on your disk.

- Reboot

CS3 may work afterwards.

Hmm.....well I updated iTunes as well as everything else it wanted to update.....bad idea since OS X is now unbootable. It wont even boot in safe mode or in VMWare. I will look into this after I reinstall and see if I still have the issue.

I ended up getting CS3 to work; I just had to completely wipe everything CS3 related off the drive and reinstall.

• 1 year later...