• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

SwithDrawn

SwithDrawn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Anyone get flexlm working in Snow Leopard? My patched IONetworkingFamily from 10.5 toasts networking and flexlm still doesn't see the ID.

*edit* Fixed by adding the strings for my Ethernet to the com.apple.Boot.plist file (and combining it with gfx strings). Flexlm sees the ethernet address now.

Jordan2Delta

Jordan2Delta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Anyone get flexlm working in Snow Leopard? My patched IONetworkingFamily from 10.5 toasts networking and flexlm still doesn't see the ID.

*edit* Fixed by adding the strings for my Ethernet to the com.apple.Boot.plist file (and combining it with gfx strings). Flexlm sees the ethernet address now.

I also did so, and the application called 'Foundry System ID' could find a System ID, but when I start this little Terminal App 'GetPrimaryMACAddress' it still can't find the proper one.

When using the patched IONetworkingFamily.kext from 10.5 even the Terminal App and other DRM sensitive software is able to see that Primary MAC address and just activates fine.
But I am on Mac OS 10.6 and with this patched IONetworkingFamily.kext my WLAN USB stick won't work.

So I downloaded the source code from http://www.opensource.apple.com/ and tried to recompile it, but I got about 50 errors saying 'Something was not declared in this scope'.

Could anybody teach me how to recompile this without errors please? :(

P.S.
I have attached this little Terminal app. I compiled it with XCode. Apple uses this as an example on their developer sites.

Attached File  GetPrimaryMACAddress.zip   4.1KB   10 downloads

Jordan2Delta

Jordan2Delta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Problem has been solved. :(

When generating an EFI string for com.apple.boot.plist I had a second ethernet card installed.
Now that confused Mac OS X or Chameleon. I removed the second one and made another EFI string which ultimately worked.

Later on I could reinstall the second ethernet card and it still works.

Many many thanks to the people behind Chameleon!! :)
I couldn't do this without them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy