D975XBX2 audio input

justvisiting

16 posts in this topic

Has anyone succeeded in getting Line in / audio input working on the intel D975xbx2 aka badaxe2? using the appleHDA patcher, the "internal Microphone" volume sliders are greyed out under "Audio Input" of the "Audio MIDI Setup" utility.

If you have line in or mic in working, let me know.

thanks.

D975XBX2

975X

Works: LAN, USB, FireWire, all 8 SATA-II ports with AHCI mode intel/marvell, SATA dvd drive nec7170s! Edit: Audio working with 10.4.9 update jas and AppleHDA Patcher 1.15.- Use this install DVD "jas 10.4.8 intel/AMD sse2/sse3 ppf1 + diskutil fix" Don't Forget to update your bios first!pako

JaS 10.4.8 DVD

(from the wiki)

D975XBX2

975X

Works: LAN, USB, FireWire, all 8 SATA-II ports with AHCI mode intel/marvell, SATA dvd drive nec7170s! Edit: Audio working with 10.4.9 update jas and AppleHDA Patcher 1.15.- Use this install DVD "jas 10.4.8 intel/AMD sse2/sse3 ppf1 + diskutil fix" Don't Forget to update your bios first!pako

JaS 10.4.8 DVD

(from the wiki)

Hi there,

yes, i have Jas 10.4.8 installed with the upgrade to 10.4.9. I do get 2 channel stereo out and a lit optical output port, just no input [at the moment :) ]

It is possible that to get mic in working requires a very specific OS installation. It would be interesting to hear what precise OS installation disk the others who got this working have used. Just using JaS 10.4.8 might not be the trick. Phanguy specified "jas 10.4.8 intel/AMD sse2/sse3 ppf1 + diskutil fix". I don't have that particular install. My closest JaS version is "JaS 10.4.8 Intel/AMD SSE2/SSE3 PPF1 + PPF2". Maybe there's a difference, but it doesn't work with mine.

Good question. I've actually got sound working right away with the great solutions posted on this forum (AppleHDA) but haven't tried the input. I will try it tonight and post my findings... but I'm guessing it will not work.

that's just what i copied from the wiki. the diskutil fix may just refer to using disk utility and repairing permissions? but as far as i know there is no "+diskutil fix". =/

I apologize...I may have misunderstood what you wrote in your first post above. When Justvisiting asked if anyone got line in (mic) to work, your next post started off with "Works:" Looking back at it, are you saying that line in works, or just the stuff you have listed after "works"? At first I just assumed you meant that 'line in' works.

that's just what i copied from the wiki. the diskutil fix may just refer to using disk utility and repairing permissions? but as far as i know there is no "+diskutil fix". =/

I believe the "diskutil fix" has to do with the version of diskutil and its behavior with MBR/partitions.

one thing i'll try friday is booting a linux liveCD to capture the /proc/ info on the sound card and do a diff with the STACxxx file most posts here refer to (the file fed into the appleHDA patcher).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Is there a way to find out the node of the MIC? Is there anyone that has a working MIC on linux that can provide a Codec dump? Because if the mic's aren't working on linux then the codec dump won't be of much help. Can someone verify a working codec dump on linux?

• 1 year later...