Testing - any resolution and hz you want with this fix

xtraa

14 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just found this on macosxhints.com

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?sto...050220090150361

It says that you can get any resolution and hz that you want if you modify the IOGraphicsProperties.plist.

Has someone tried this yet? Don't forget to remove your forced resolution in the com.apple.Boot.plist of

course.

All resolution up to 2048 (including wide) are already there. Nothing to add.

I guess this is not working for VESA. Maybe for accelerated cards.

Damn, yes now i can see it, too. (haven't been able because I was at work).

But anyway, thanks for testing :)

But other thing is interesting for me:

If it is possible to override resolution in boot prompt, why system is NOT showing all available res in pref panel ?

Maybe here is a key..

This program has made them appear in pref panel for me:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/21600

Now I have 1920x1200x32@90 on my Sony 24" GDM FW-900 monitor.

mobo D915GUX with Intel 900 graphics

Edited by Sudar

Well, with VESA 3 it does work.

Yea I also tried this program when working with geforce and vesa. It is a nice program because it creates a file in the system/library/displays/overrides, but I wasn#t able to have more than one resolution here for some reason. Same ist accelerated with ati.

I just tried DisplayConfigX on my Dell 8400 w/Dell Monitor. I did not get a list of resolutions to play with - still stuck at 1, however, it did increase the display frequency to 85 KHz - which is quite nice. I do not have a VESA 3 card, so this appears to be the standard fare. As an interesting aside increasing my monitor freq increased my xBench score by another 12 points.

So, over the last week using 10.4.3 8f1111a(g) and using Maxxuss's experimental 2f kernel I've gone from an xBench score of 40ish to over 80!

I was using my system to do real work before - now it's even better!

For me is freezing whole system, like many other PPC apps.

This happens if you take resolutions or frequencies that are not supported by your monitor. You can fix this, by

just deleting the created Display-File, located in System/Libraries/Displays/overrides/ as shown in the red line

of the programs install/remove section.

• 2 weeks later...
This happens if you take resolutions or frequencies that are not supported by your monitor. You can fix this, by

just deleting the created Display-File, located in System/Libraries/Displays/overrides/ as shown in the red line

of the programs install/remove section.

Mine crashes too, it doesn't let me boot, the weird thing is that my monitor supports 1600x1200@85 and 1280x1024@100 and what I want is to add this resolutions but is not working

post-4268-1135448140_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...