Has anyone tried Halo demo with build 8F1111A?

New001

34 posts in this topic

Well as you can see here it works quite well.

I haven't noticed any glitches yet.

Full screen works as well. I also own a iMac G4 20", so I have a whole whack of software and games. I have yet run into a problem running any of my old games.

Hmm, when you put your X6000 AIW in, did you mod any Kexts? Because when I try to run Halo, it quits telling theres no symbol "usleep_" in the 9700GLDriver Kext. . .

I haven't touched any ATI kexts. It just worked out of the box.

What version of Halo do you have?

The version I am running is 1.0.2

Display:

Type: VGA-Compatible Controller

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x5b62

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

I haven't touched any ATI kexts. It just worked out of the box.

What version of Halo do you have?

The version I am running is 1.0.2

Display:

Type: VGA-Compatible Controller

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x5b62

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

I'm running 1.5.1. . . THAT'S why!

Ok, since Halo 1.5.2 doesn't work on my x86 mac I downloaded 1.0.2, (don't ask how) and my CD-key from my purchased copy WORKED for it. Now I'll only be using 1.0.2 for my x86 mac until/if Macsoft releases a UniBin patch for Halo mac version. Thanks to MetalFishX on #macvidia on freenode, I understand now why Halo runs slow as it is (under Rosetta). He/she said that the PPC CPU has to distribute that shaders to the GPU, thus requiring Rosetta to do so, all the time. And the fact that I'm completely stuck at 1024x768 in Halo (CAN'T change res?!?!? :blink: ), isn't good, I had to trim down some settings, AKA Shadows off, Particles off, 30FPS cap, etc. So now I know why Halo runs slower than I thought it would under Rosetta. A UniBin patch would be a definite improvement in performance.

Ok, since Halo 1.5.2 doesn't work on my x86 mac I downloaded 1.0.2, (don't ask how) and my CD-key from my purchased copy WORKED for it. Now I'll only be using 1.0.2 for my x86 mac until/if Macsoft releases a UniBin patch for Halo mac version. Thanks to MetalFishX on #macvidia on freenode, I understand now why Halo runs slow as it is (under Rosetta). He/she said that the PPC CPU has to distribute that shaders to the GPU, thus requiring Rosetta to do so, all the time. And the fact that I'm completely stuck at 1024x768 in Halo (CAN'T change res?!?!? :) ), isn't good, I had to trim down some settings, AKA Shadows off, Particles off, 30FPS cap, etc. So now I know why Halo runs slower than I thought it would under Rosetta. A UniBin patch would be a definite improvement in performance.

same _sleep bug with the DEMO, seems the ATI OGL driver is the cause, even though I run with a SSE2 processor.

Now I know why i have that bug since the demo is 1.5.2... Thanks for the tips :)

• 1 month later...
my CD-key from my purchased copy WORKED for it.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you can use any serial number for Halo. I remember when I played Halo for Windows, I just typed in random letters and number and it worked. They may have upped the security since then, but if you're using 1.0.2, the security should still be as basic as it was when I played. The Mac version may be different though.