run OSX in QEMU

DrJägermeister

35 posts in this topic

Has anyone had any luck with the accelerator in Windows (2000)? I suspect that it is not compatible with the patched version of Qemu. When I use it on my system with the tiger image, it hangs with a spiked cpu and forces me to reboot in order to kill it.

The Kqemu accelerator works in my XP for some other VMs but it doesn't work for OSX86 on a PentiumM.

If I start OSX86 in Qemu without Kqemu (1) it works but if I start Kqemu (2) it doesn work anymore when I try to run OSX86 (3). Other Guest OS are still working with the Kqemu accelerator enabled, just the deadmoo image doesn't start again.

startqemums8bg.jpg

It hangs here, "logging windows application started" doesn't appear anymore:

qemubootms0pk.jpg

In Linux it works great with and without the Kqemu enabled. (1) start OSX86 without Kqemu (it's complaining about), (2) su, (3) start Kqemu, (4) root logout, (5) start OSX86 with Kqemu:

startqemulinux1ao.jpg

"logging windows application started" appears and the GUI should start:

qemubootlinux4gd.th.jpg

I will test a CVS Version to see if it's same.

hey, ive set up qemu for my tiger-x86-flat.img. i have no sse2 support. my image seems to be ok. guys from another topic said that if i havent got sse2 support i should use qemu but without acceleration. ive booted mac os x and ive seen : "debugger called: <panic>" and then kdp_poll: no debugger device. i used to boot it with vmware - but it loades and loades and i can wait forever (it just wont boot). help

i use winxp

hey, ive set up qemu for my tiger-x86-flat.img. i have no sse2 support. my image seems to be ok. guys from another topic said that if i havent got sse2 support i should use qemu but without acceleration. ive booted mac os x and ive seen : "debugger called: <panic>" and then kdp_poll: no debugger device. i used to boot it with vmware - but it loades and loades and i can wait forever (it just wont boot). help

i use winxp

I have this error if I don't specify platform=X86PC at the Darwin bootloader.

qemu7tk.th.jpg

Be sure that you image is about 6GB and use a patched Qemu for SSE2 and RTL8139, also start with the option -no-kqemu in case you have it installed. Then it should work on a AthlonXP.

thanks - it works but veeeeery slow

i need better machine ;]

Yeah, you need to upgrade your AthlonXP with a SSE3 CPU, then you can use VMware or install it on your hardware and it will be much faster.

Compared to VMware, Qemu is 4 times slower on the same PC (14.29 vs. 3.88):

vmwarexbench6bj.th.jpg VS. qemuxbench2ux.th.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi all! i´ve downloaded the qemu.zip file posted and i´ve tried to run tiger X86 10.4.6 from myzar´s iso but a get a panic "unable to fin driver for this platform "ACPI" I´m in windows Xp SP2 i´d like to run tiger 10.4.6 becaue i haven´t the f***k flat image and i´ve been looking for a patched qemu with target-i386/helper2.c file but i couldn´t find because rapidshare is a piece of s***t i´ve tried with the latest version of qemu 0.9.0 but i got a diferent error so if anyone has any idea in how can i run tiger 10.4.6 on qemu i´ll be very very gratefull

pd: I have an athlon XP 2600+ 2.01Ghz

-512Mb RAM

-PATA hard disks (40 and 80GB)

-Nvidia Geforce FX5200 128Mb

Here´s an screenshot of what i get with qemu:

this is when i´m booting with -x -v paltform=ACPI|X86PC -s

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...