• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

LinuxDoc

LinuxDoc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Oh, two line only ...great , it works with the new qemu-0.8.0-cvs, but i must not use -kernel-kqemu .
If i use the option -kernel-kqemu I have a kernel panic.

DrJägermeister

DrJägermeister

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Interests:Sex, drugs and rock & roll

Oh, two line only ...great , it works with the new qemu-0.8.0-cvs, but i must not use -kernel-kqemu .
If i use the option -kernel-kqemu I have a kernel panic.

For network apply this patch to your sources, it will emulate a Realtek 8139 (default: NE2000) and it works for OSX86 out of the box (NE2000 don't work for OSX86):
http://qemu.dad-answ...nload.php?id=48
patch -p1 -d /path/to/qemu/sources -N < qemu-cvs-rtl8139-patch2.diff
Good luck

Posted Image

Here is the qemu binary (0.8.0) with a Realtek 8139 NIC emulation for everyone who don't want to patch and recompile the sources:
Attached File  qemu.zip   320.63KB   485 downloads
Put the binary in the same folder as the deadmoo image and start qemu with:
./qemu -m 320 -localtime -usb -hda tiger-x86-flat.img -boot c
Posted Image
Don't forget to copy the qemu folder from topic 4 (rename it as qemu) to /usr/local/share
http://forum.osx86pr...pe=post&id=1043

Qemu is compiled wit kqemu support but I can't provide the KQEMU accelerator module due to the license, you need to download and install it yourself. It works also without this module but slower. SSE only CPU user can't use KQEMU for running OSX86, they have to use only Qemu.
http://fabrice.bella...qemu-accel.html

You need to install the Maxxuss SSE3-SSE2 Patches v0.5c in your deadmoo image that safari (and some other softs) don't crash anymore.

cwalk

cwalk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Nice work! Is there any chance of you creating a windows binary? If not, what src did you use to compile to compile qemu, and will the realtek nic driver work in windows as well?

DrJägermeister

DrJägermeister

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,028 posts
  • Interests:Sex, drugs and rock &amp; roll

Nice work! Is there any chance of you creating a windows binary? If not, what src did you use to compile to compile qemu, and will the realtek nic driver work in windows as well?

I use the official qemu 0.8.0 sources from the qemu homepage, change 2 lines and patch it with the Realtek 8139 patch. That's all you have to do if you want to compile it yourself. It works also for Windows:
Posted Image
Download the 0.8.0 package for Windows from the other tread (the rapidshare link below), replace qemu.exe with this new one and the network should work. This qemu.zip (qemu.exe) is for MS, not for Linux, the linux binary is in topic 22:
http://rapidshare.de...8.0win.zip.html
replace qemu.exe with this one:
Attached File  qemu.zip   1.24MB   383 downloads

You need to install the Maxxuss SSE3-SSE2 Patches v0.5c in your deadmoo image that safari (and some other softs) don't crash anymore.

Mike Hobbs

Mike Hobbs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Download and install the accelerator for more speed.

Has anyone had any luck with the accelerator in Windows (2000)? I suspect that it is not compatible with the patched version of Qemu. When I use it on my system with the tiger image, it hangs with a spiked cpu and forces me to reboot in order to kill it.

DrJägermeister

DrJägermeister

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,028 posts

Has anyone had any luck with the accelerator in Windows (2000)? I suspect that it is not compatible with the patched version of Qemu. When I use it on my system with the tiger image, it hangs with a spiked cpu and forces me to reboot in order to kill it.

The Kqemu accelerator works in my XP for some other VMs but it doesn't work for OSX86 on a PentiumM.
If I start OSX86 in Qemu without Kqemu (1) it works but if I start Kqemu (2) it doesn work anymore when I try to run OSX86 (3). Other Guest OS are still working with the Kqemu accelerator enabled, just the deadmoo image doesn't start again.
Posted Image

It hangs here, "logging windows application started" doesn't appear anymore:
Posted Image

In Linux it works great with and without the Kqemu enabled. (1) start OSX86 without Kqemu (it's complaining about), (2) su, (3) start Kqemu, (4) root logout, (5) start OSX86 with Kqemu:
Posted Image

"logging windows application started" appears and the GUI should start:
Posted Image

I will test a CVS Version to see if it's same.

kaziorvb

kaziorvb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
hey, ive set up qemu for my tiger-x86-flat.img. i have no sse2 support. my image seems to be ok. guys from another topic said that if i havent got sse2 support i should use qemu but without acceleration. ive booted mac os x and ive seen : "debugger called: <panic>" and then kdp_poll: no debugger device. i used to boot it with vmware - but it loades and loades and i can wait forever (it just wont boot). help

i use winxp

DrJägermeister

DrJägermeister

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,028 posts

hey, ive set up qemu for my tiger-x86-flat.img. i have no sse2 support. my image seems to be ok. guys from another topic said that if i havent got sse2 support i should use qemu but without acceleration. ive booted mac os x and ive seen : "debugger called: <panic>" and then kdp_poll: no debugger device. i used to boot it with vmware - but it loades and loades and i can wait forever (it just wont boot). help

i use winxp

I have this error if I don't specify platform=X86PC at the Darwin bootloader.
Posted Image
Be sure that you image is about 6GB and use a patched Qemu for SSE2 and RTL8139, also start with the option -no-kqemu in case you have it installed. Then it should work on a AthlonXP.

kaziorvb

kaziorvb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
thanks - it works but veeeeery slow
i need better machine ;]

ganymedian

ganymedian

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
yeah I think pearpc is faster

DrJägermeister

DrJägermeister

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,028 posts

thanks - it works but veeeeery slow
i need better machine ;]

Yeah, you need to upgrade your AthlonXP with a SSE3 CPU, then you can use VMware or install it on your hardware and it will be much faster.
Compared to VMware, Qemu is 4 times slower on the same PC (14.29 vs. 3.88):
Posted Image VS. Posted Image

Meowy

Meowy

InsanelyPurry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
Mine loops at the Login Window Started with a Could not connect to default WindowServer error.
Ideas?

@nd®£§§!!

@nd®£§§!!

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Hi all! i´ve downloaded the qemu.zip file posted and i´ve tried to run tiger X86 10.4.6 from myzar´s iso but a get a panic "unable to fin driver for this platform "ACPI" I´m in windows Xp SP2 i´d like to run tiger 10.4.6 becaue i haven´t the f***k flat image and i´ve been looking for a patched qemu with target-i386/helper2.c file but i couldn´t find because rapidshare is a piece of s***t i´ve tried with the latest version of qemu 0.9.0 but i got a diferent error so if anyone has any idea in how can i run tiger 10.4.6 on qemu i´ll be very very gratefull

pd: I have an athlon XP 2600+ 2.01Ghz
-512Mb RAM
-PATA hard disks (40 and 80GB)
-Nvidia Geforce FX5200 128Mb

Here´s an screenshot of what i get with qemu:
this is when i´m booting with -x -v paltform=ACPI|X86PC -s

spartango

spartango

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Tested deadmoo image successfully on mac edition of Qemu(Q) with various settings, works fine. will try on windows to confirm, also will try with jas image 10.4.8. thanks for help.

Kandi3DRAKAN

Kandi3DRAKAN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Sweet Thanks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy