• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

DsurioN

DsurioN

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
http://www.appletvhacks.net/ seems to have gone down (or shut down by apple legal! :) ). It now simply displays an apache test page.

FavleX

FavleX

FavleX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
Yes i noted.At least from 130 PM GMT...updating the front page??...naahh , too much time.
...mmmh maybe something worse.... :D

l3opard

l3opard

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
when the name itself gives away what you are doing ..then i can guess what will happen! :D

GoodOmens

GoodOmens

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
They did get slashdotted. It seems they may be moving to a new server due to load.

Could be wrong though.

Kallis

Kallis

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

They did get slashdotted. It seems they may be moving to a new server due to load.

Could be wrong though.

Wrong. Appletvhacks have been digged several times and have not gone down(digg creates much more traffic).

GoodOmens

GoodOmens

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Wrong. Appletvhacks have been digged several times and have not gone down(digg creates much more traffic).

If they were on shared hosting the host could have pulled to plug and told them to go somewhere with more bandwidth/cpu power. However their DNS servers say it belongs to a domain name seller and the IP of appletvhacks points to a collo facility in the UK.

I would think a site like hackint0sh which is hosting code to run OS X (and is the originator of the hacK) would be more of a target then a site that reposts news.

But maybe it was just a easy target.

Edit:

And its back up. Seems it got slashdotted AND dugg ... probably killed the poor thing.

.NetRolller 3D

.NetRolller 3D

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
It's down again.

GoodOmens

GoodOmens

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Yea is for me too. I swear I saw it (had a new post on it from today about getting Aesterik to run. I haven't used this computer since last Friday so it couldn't have been cache.

wingchuner

wingchuner

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
does anybody know where to get the tutorial for running os x on the ATV? since appletvhacks.net is down i can not find it anywhere??

martinjjw

martinjjw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
You can find a tutorial at www.appletvproject.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy