Gmail with your Domain!?!?

10 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I was looking at my Gmail account and it asked:

Have your own domain?

Use Gmail with your domain for free. Learn more

Seeing how I do own many different domain names I took a look at it, and it seems to be nice. Just wanted to know if anyone has used it before or not.

Currently I was going to setup an account with them with one of the Domains that I am not using. Looks like you can only use .com .net .org .info .edu and .biz

So if anyone has any feedback on this that would be great, I would love to hear about your what you thought or think about this service.

Dice :(

Have you guys had to forward your DNS Server information to point to google or something? I just signed up for it, and verified my by uploading an HTML file. I have also changed the Mail Exchange server to point to Google's one (through cPanel. Dunno about that priority stuff though, I only had a space to enter in a domain).

What happens now?

yeah all that i did to do this was use custom MX Records on my Host and Pow! it works. Anything that is DNS takes 2-24hour to populate the Globe. Most of the time for me it does it in a couple of hours. If anyone wants a free @mydice.info email just pm me ;) I have 99 left :unsure:

Dice :lol:

yeah all that i did to do this was use custom MX Records on my Host and Pow! it works. Anything that is DNS takes 2-24hour to populate the Globe. Most of the time for me it does it in a couple of hours. If anyone wants a free @mydice.info email just pm me :D I have 99 left :P

Dice :)

Yeah... You can also customise the start page for logging in, etc...

yeah I just setup my webmail CNAME to point to google. so now I can just goto webmail.mydice.info instead of the google url

Edit:

I just did all the different parts docs. cal. cpanel. all that :) Not bad for free service

Dice :wink2:

Edited by Dicenet