• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

Envying

Envying

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
I have a Dlink DFE 538TX Card, it is said with a RTL8139 chipset. It's not an onboard net device.

Here says it can work under 10.4.8 w/o problem.
http://wiki.osx86pro..._.28Ethernet.29

But I am out of luck, I will give it a try with your driver.

orByte

orByte

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

I have a Dlink DFE 538TX Card, it is said with a RTL8139 chipset. It's not an onboard net device.

Here says it can work under 10.4.8 w/o problem.
http://wiki.osx86pro..._.28Ethernet.29

But I am out of luck, I will give it a try with your driver.

Seems to be an RTL8139, make sure you have the correct vendor (1186) and device (1300) ids.

0x11861300 or 0x13001186 - I do not recall the exact order right now.

Best

Envying

Envying

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Seems to be an RTL8139, make sure you have the correct vendor (1186) and device (1300) ids.
0x11861300 or 0x13001186 - I do not recall the exact order right now.

Best

Still no luck! Faint!

Edited by envying, 27 February 2007 - 04:25 PM.

jester1o1

jester1o1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
check your dmesg (type sudo dmesg in terminal). look for lines relating to the realtek kext - these should point out where the problem lies.

Envying

Envying

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

check your dmesg (type sudo dmesg in terminal). look for lines relating to the realtek kext - these should point out where the problem lies.

Tonight, I will add my network card Ven/Dev ID in that file to see if it works.

Ven: 1106 Dev: 3106

So all I have to do is to add this 0x11063106 in that IOPCIMatch string, right? :)

Edited by envying, 28 February 2007 - 04:07 PM.

orByte

orByte

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Tonight, I will add my network card Ven/Dev ID in that file to see if it works.

Ven: 1106 Dev: 3106

So all I have to do is to add this 0x11063106 in that IOPCIMatch string, right? <_<

Yes, that's it. But after you edit the file as 'root', you will need to fix permissions and invalidate the extension cache. Try this
sudo su
nano -w <path-to-kext>/Contents/Info.plist
(edit file, save and exit from editor)
chown -R root:wheel <path-to-kext>
chmod -R 755 <path-to-kext>
touch /System/Library/Extensions

then you can do kextload -v <path-to-kext> (and hopefully that'll be fine)
exit (from sudo su)

Best

Envying

Envying

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Thanks orByte, I will give it a try tonight again. Crossing my fingers!!!! ;)

Edited by envying, 01 March 2007 - 02:41 PM.

Envying

Envying

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

ethernet: family specific matching fails

com_orByte_driver_RTL8139: vendorID = 0x1106 deviceID = 0x3106 revisionID = 0x0086

com_orByte_driver_RTL8139: found PIO accessor at bc01

com_orByte_driver_RTL8139: found MMIO accessor at FDBFF000

com_orByte_driver_RTL8139: using PIO access mode...

com_orByte_driver_RTL8139: io access at csrBase=bc00.

com_orByte_driver_RTL8139: Software reset failed...

com_orByte_driver_RTL8139: Attempting hard reset...

com_orByte_driver_RTL8139: Continuing Operations...

(105: coreservicesd)tfp: failed on 0:

Finally system detected this card, but after dmesg I got errors showing above, please advise. (I put vendor iD first then dev ID, it was wrong. should be reversed. Just figured that out)

Edited by envying, 02 March 2007 - 03:58 AM.

Envying

Envying

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Waiting for an answer!

orByte

orByte

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Finally system detected this card, but after dmesg I got errors showing above, please advise. (I put vendor iD first then dev ID, it was wrong. should be reversed. Just figured that out)

It looks like a register level incompatibility. The hard reset seems to be working, but if there are other register differences, then this driver will not work with your card. Hint: if the error messages stop after a while, try setting up the card from System Prefencences> Networking. If the error messages never stop, then chances are that OSX keeps resetting the card because it cannot talk to it. In this case, you re best of spending a few pounds on a Realtek 8139 plugin-card.

Best

ACFan

ACFan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Going to try this one now -- system detects the NIC as a realtek so it's worth a shot. (ATI chipset)

Envying

Envying

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

It looks like a register level incompatibility. The hard reset seems to be working, but if there are other register differences, then this driver will not work with your card. Hint: if the error messages stop after a while, try setting up the card from System Prefencences> Networking. If the error messages never stop, then chances are that OSX keeps resetting the card because it cannot talk to it. In this case, you re best of spending a few pounds on a Realtek 8139 plugin-card.

Best

Really appreciate your response, at least, I know now I have to give it up. Cause messages just keep coming... Or I have to stay in darkness when I am in OSX86 and do all the networking stuff in my Winxp. :thumbsup_anim:

Envying

Envying

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Thank god! I finally got my internet working now!

Though my wife took away my 19"LCD. I decided to switch my Dlink card with her Genuine Realtek 8139 Card! :hysterical: :hysterical: ;) :thumbsup_anim:

Envying

Envying

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Thank god! I finally got my internet working now!

Though my wife took away my 19"LCD. I decided to switch my Dlink card with her Genuine Realtek 8139 Card! :hysterical: :hysterical: ;) :thumbsup_anim:

Meanwhile, just found out that DLink DFE-538TX is using a Via Rhine Chipset but not like some other guys said it is a Realtek 8139 chipset. It is clearly stated in my wife's Fedora Linux Box. :whistle:

pabloide86

pabloide86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
hello i'm pablo from argentina(sorry, my english sucks!)

i have a MSI 865 PE Neo 2v (S478) mobo with a Celeron D 2,56ghz and 512mb ddr400 and a Nvidia fx 5200 128mb agp and i have JaS 10.4.8 fully working with qe & ci...it has an onboard realtek 8139 ethernet and i have another realtek rtl8139 pci card for internet sharing with my other pc...

the onboard ethernet is working native but i cant get the pci rtl 8139 working...any ideas???

orByte

orByte

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

hello i'm pablo from argentina(sorry, my english sucks!)

i have a MSI 865 PE Neo 2v (S478) mobo with a Celeron D 2,56ghz and 512mb ddr400 and a Nvidia fx 5200 128mb agp and i have JaS 10.4.8 fully working with qe & ci...it has an onboard realtek 8139 ethernet and i have another realtek rtl8139 pci card for internet sharing with my other pc...

the onboard ethernet is working native but i cant get the pci rtl 8139 working...any ideas???

When asking for help, please post system log and screenshot of System Preferences>Network.
cat /var/log/system.log | grep RTL

Best

pabloide86

pabloide86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

When asking for help, please post system log and screenshot of System Preferences>Network.

cat /var/log/system.log | grep RTL

Best

sorry...didnt know that...thanks anyway

Thang Bo

Thang Bo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
(use PCGenRTL8139Ethernet-1.2.0)
I have the problem with my RTL8139/810x Family (VEN_10EC DEV_8139) ( MB ATI chip set) . I sure that I had deleted AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext. But after reboot, sytem stil be hang. Then I try to change key
<key>ForceMMIOAccess</key>
<false/>

to
<key>ForceMMIOAccess</key>
<true/>

to ForceMMIOAccess but system still hang after reboot (no difference before change that key to TRUE).

My compouter: Toshiba Satellite M55-S139
ATI X200M - Work fine
ATI AC97 sound - Work fine
Atheros AG5005G Wireless - Work fine
Realtek RTL8139/810x Family - System hang ;)

Please help me !

(Sorry for my English)

Thang Bo

Thang Bo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
My god, I have solved the problem :withstupid: . The problem is : have 2 AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext in two difference location, the 1st locate in /System/Library/Extensions/ and the 2nd one locate in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/
I have just delete the 2nd one but there's still the 1st one. I dont know why there're 2 of the same kext in 2 difference location.

I found this problem when I check system infomation (Apple>About this MAC>More Info>Software>Extensions). It's so lucky to me :thumbsup_anim:

And now, I want to say thanks to all of you, especially orByte, the writer of this driver (Perfect driver :star_smile: :star_smile: :star_smile: :star_smile: :star_smile: ).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My compouter: Toshiba Satellite M55-S139
ATI X200M - Work fine
ATI AC97 sound - Work fine
Atheros AG5005G Wireless - Work fine
Realtek RTL8139/810x Family - Work fine
:thumbsup_anim:

anurup

anurup

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Hi,

Have been following this thread closely for some time and tried doing everything that is mentioned here. The suggested device ID's exist in the Info.plist file and I've followed the install instructions. All system log outputs say that AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext is loaded. The first time, I loaded it manually and it even showed "RTL8139 PCI Adapter......Sending 1 personality to kernel....etc" (Something like that - can't remember the exact words as I am posting this from my Linux box)

But the Network Status page is still blank. I also grep-ed the system logs for orByte but there is no occurence although the kext is loaded successfully.

I am running 10.4.8 (8.8.1) on an AMD Athlon 64 3000+. The motherboard is an MSI RS480M2-IL and has on board ethernet using the 8139. (Confirmed this on Linux as I can see the 8139too driver.)

ACFan/kfriis, any progress? Your problem seemed similar to mine.

orByte, can you help?

Thanks in advance to anyone who might write in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy