Any hope for NVDANV10HAL & NVDANV20HAL users?

jorgeinglessis

4 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately not. :star_smile:

I have tried everything to make the work properly but nothing works.

While searching for a solution, I finally found out that NP_ said that these drivers are just stub and will not work.

Anyway, even if they did they would only give us QE but not CI and very poor openGL. All card using NVDANV10-20 don't have shaders so they won't activate CI.

Now, the strange part is that the driver tries to load with or without Natit/Titan and 8.8.1 kernel.

However errors occur and I don't reach GUI. The only way to reach GUI will be to delete all NVdia kexts or atleast (hal10-20). Oh well.... I guess it time for an Upgrade anyway.

There are a couple of people in this thread.. http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=36507 who have gotten their Geforce ti4200s working with just QE of course.. what puzzles me is that if NVDANV10 and 20 are just stubs then how is that possible? About the freeze occuring, I have the problem whereby the system won't load if NVDAResman is in the extensions folder, even if titan is not installed.. if titan is installed and NVDAResman isn't there the system boots without QE, CI

• 8 months later...