Installation on Acer Aspire 3620 - no success

spaceboy

10 posts in this topic

Hi all!

I try to install the new DVD JAS DVD 10.4.8 SSE2 / SSE3 Semthex'S kernel 8.8.1 on an Acer Aspire 3620. For the installation i use the whole hard disk (55gb). I select every required patch. Intel SSE2/SSE3 Semthex's 8.8.1 kernel and GMA 900 patch. After the installation the notebook restarts and stops with a blue screen.( maybe login screen)

Maybe someone have a tip for me?!

thx

Acer Computer Aspire 3628:

CPU: Intel Pentium M (740) SSE2 / 1.700 MHz / RAM: 1024 MB / HDD: 60 GB / Display: 14,10 WXGA (1280 x 800) / GPU: Intel GMA 900 / Modem, LAN 10/100, Wireless LAN Intel 2200BG

Hi curlyboy,

maybe you have a second tip for me, how i can fix the problem with the external monitor... when i reboot the notebook i have to plug in every time the external monitor to get it started. is there a fix / patch where i have not to plug the external monitor every time when i boot up the notebook?! I have searched in the wiki and the whole forum but without success.

thx

Edited by spaceboy

hi moronline!

Thx for your tip!

For me it is not the right solution because i use a dual boot system. win xp /osx. I use the second vga on my windows system for external hardware.

At the moment i'm working at this solution. http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=gma900+problem Its a VGA dummy connector.

Looks good and i think it works!

space...

Edited by spaceboy

• 3 weeks later...

On my Aspire 3624 (Celeron 380M 1.6Ghz 512 MB RAM upgraded 5400RPM HDD GMA 900). I got the video working by using the twist-tie method. On the VGA connector, I used twist-ties to hook my VGA up. I connected the 4th pin on the 1st row with the 4th pin on the last row, and the 5th pin on the 1st row with the 5th pin on the 2nd row. Note that when I say pin I mean hole, I guess. I'm going to go to RadioShack (I manage a Source by Circuit City in Canada, it's the same thing) and buy a d-Sub connector head (like an old monitor cable head) and just solder those things together.

I just still haven't gotten my wifi to work. I'm not sure if I have the Atheros, but I think so. I'm running 10.4.8 JaS, and I tried to kextload the Atheros drive in IO80211Family.kext, but even when loaded it wouldn't detect. Any other ideas? Maybe I have a bad version?

Silver

Silver,

Since we have essentially identical machines and specs (save for your upgraded HD), here's a quick rundown of what I did to get the Broadcom 4318 wireless working in my Aspire 3624. Note: I'm running 10.4.4 (with everything working perfectly), so YMMV with 10.4.8. Anyhoo:

- Launch the Terminal window.

- Type: sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/contents/info.plist

- Change the following lines:

<string>pci14e4,4311</string>

<string>pci14e4,4312</string>

<string>pci14e4,4324</string>

to:

<string>pci14e4,4311</string>

<string>pci14e4,4318</string>

<string>pci14e4,4320</string>

- Ctrl+0 to save, [Return]

- Ctrl+X to exit

-IMPORTANT: Delete all other Airport kexts in that folder, or you won't be able to edit the NetworkInterfaces.plist file mentioned just below (it won't exist until those kexts are removed, I found through trial and error).

- Restart osx86

- Launch the terminal window again.

- Type: sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

- Change the line that reads:

<string>en0</string>

to:

<string>en1</string>

and change:

<integer>0</integer>

to:

<integer>1</integer>

- save and exit

- Restart osx86 again

- Open Network Preferences - It should say it has detected a new Airport interface, or somethinglike that, say OK.

- Click Show, select Airport.

- Click Apply Now.

- Set up wireless info accordingly (I had to add my WEP key, etc.)

- Should be good to go; your wireless is recognized as an AirPort card.

Good luck!

BTW: Does the upgraded hard drive make a difference? I upped the 512MB of RAM to 1.25GB, and this lappie flies whether I'm in Windows, Linux or OSX86.

I got the Wifi working. Thanks. Did pretty much what you suggested, but I found out I have an Atheros card, so I used the Atheros file.

The only thing not working yet is USB.

TroisD suggested the 5400 rpm upgrade, so I went and got that first, even before installing. Gotta say, haven't had many slowdowns at all.

Silver

• 3 years later...

Acer aspire 3620

10.5.5 = fully working

10.5.7 = fully working (iatkosv7)

10.5.8 = Flawlessly (ideneb)

all hardware working except sleep :P

but try iatkos S3 v2 10.6.3 snow loepard FAILED. stuck on erase disk.. seem like formating but no activity. try to install after selecting driver... also fail. seem like installing but no activity... can someone explain why?

it seem snow leopard is incompatible with older hardware but other forumer using exactly the same hardware succesfully install snow leopard.. :(

did i miss something?