• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Mr H. Potter

Mr H. Potter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
There's so much unorganized information about Natit that I'm confused. I have an x1600Pro and Intel w/ SSE2. I've installed the JaS 10.4.7 version, with the x1600 patch that was available in the customize menu when I installed. Right now I don't have CI or QE, so I was trying to get Natit to work. I'm using the 8.4.1 kernel, so I can't use the magic installer, and I can't figure out how to get the 8.8.1 kernel installed correctly.

Questions:
Does Natit have to be compiled for different kernel versions?
I'm tri booting XP/OSX/Fedora5. How can I boot Darwin with -v so I can see what it's doing when it boots?
Is the most recent Natit version (Natit_ATIauto) the "best"? Do they all work? Should I try different versions?
Does the dualx1600natit.plist file work with x1600Pro?
System Profiler sees my card as PCI. Do I need AGPGart for Natit to work?

realfolkblues

realfolkblues

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
you could always install this http://installers.dl.am/ it's what i used on my nvidia card. and it got it working at the right res. But i still dont have CI or QE. you might have better luck tho.

Mr H. Potter

Mr H. Potter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Yeah, I looked at that installer, but it says that it only works with kernel 8.8.1. I tried to install it anyway, and it didn't seem to do anything.

Currently, my system hangs at loginwindow.app. I do have an AGP card. .....?

~Neo

~Neo

The installer man. Formerly known as "NeoPheus"

• Retired Developers
  • 644 posts

Does Natit have to be compiled for different kernel versions?

No.

I'm tri booting XP/OSX/Fedora5. How can I boot Darwin with -v so I can see what it's doing when it boots?

Editing com.apple.Boot.plist (/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/) and add -v at the boot flags.

Is the most recent Natit version (Natit_ATIauto) the "best"? Do they all work? Should I try different versions?

You can try different but you can also use the one which is included in the installer (Natit_Uni).

Does the dualx1600natit.plist file work with x1600Pro?

Hm, works for some, for some not.

System Profiler sees my card as PCI. Do I need AGPGart for Natit to work?

You can use AGPGart for better performance on AGP cards...

Yeah, I looked at that installer, but it says that it only works with kernel 8.8.1. I tried to install it anyway, and it didn't seem to do anything.

Currently, my system hangs at loginwindow.app. I do have an AGP card. .....?

Try the ATIX1x00 from my website (version 3.2)...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy