x1600Pro - How does this work?

Mr H. Potter

4 posts in this topic

There's so much unorganized information about Natit that I'm confused. I have an x1600Pro and Intel w/ SSE2. I've installed the JaS 10.4.7 version, with the x1600 patch that was available in the customize menu when I installed. Right now I don't have CI or QE, so I was trying to get Natit to work. I'm using the 8.4.1 kernel, so I can't use the magic installer, and I can't figure out how to get the 8.8.1 kernel installed correctly.

Questions:

Does Natit have to be compiled for different kernel versions?

I'm tri booting XP/OSX/Fedora5. How can I boot Darwin with -v so I can see what it's doing when it boots?

Is the most recent Natit version (Natit_ATIauto) the "best"? Do they all work? Should I try different versions?

Does the dualx1600natit.plist file work with x1600Pro?

System Profiler sees my card as PCI. Do I need AGPGart for Natit to work?

Does Natit have to be compiled for different kernel versions?

No.

I'm tri booting XP/OSX/Fedora5. How can I boot Darwin with -v so I can see what it's doing when it boots?
Editing com.apple.Boot.plist (/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/) and add -v at the boot flags.

Is the most recent Natit version (Natit_ATIauto) the "best"? Do they all work? Should I try different versions?

You can try different but you can also use the one which is included in the installer (Natit_Uni).

Does the dualx1600natit.plist file work with x1600Pro?
Hm, works for some, for some not.

System Profiler sees my card as PCI. Do I need AGPGart for Natit to work?

You can use AGPGart for better performance on AGP cards...

Yeah, I looked at that installer, but it says that it only works with kernel 8.8.1. I tried to install it anyway, and it didn't seem to do anything.

Currently, my system hangs at loginwindow.app. I do have an AGP card. .....?

Try the ATIX1x00 from my website (version 3.2)...