Problems =[

11 posts in this topic

Which version of Mac OS are you trying to install? What are the specs of your computer?

Did you try to install natively? Also, did you apply the proper patches? What do you see in the screen when you start with verbose mode? ( -v )

Your computer supports SSE3 and you should only check the SSE3 option when installing. When you startup with verbose mode, you can see what's being loaded at that time on the screen. When you reach the Darwin bootloader, you should start tapping the F8 key and at the prompt, type "-v" without the quotes and hit enter. That way you'll see text messages on the screen and therefore you'll be able to tell where the startup hangs and what's causing the problem.

I already told how to do it, but to make it more clear, just hit the F8 key several times at the startup (do it fast). If you do it properly, you'll see a screen asking you the startup options. In that screen just type

-v

and hit enter.

:thumbsup_anim:

It doesn't matter. -v just gives you the verbose mode. But if I were you, I would try to make the system work in native mode.

By the way, I'm asking just to make sure of some things, how did you setup your hard drive? How did you partition it?

Edited by McSkywalker