I can only boot into Sierra in "fast" boot mode in clover

zzendle

41 posts in this topic

I have a working 10.12.6 Sierra installation on my HP Spectre x360 w023dx. If I boot without the fast mode enabled in clover configurator, I get the kernel panic attached below. It works fine with "fast" mode on, but I have windows installed and would like to be able to boot both OS's from clover. Booting without fast mode enabled on any device besides my hdd works fine too. My clover folder is attached below as well.

Thanks in advance.

post-1559424-0-94192600-1505860180_thumb.jpg

CLOVER.zip

Ok, I changed my signature to put my build in there. Also, both Windows and OSX are in UEFI boot mode.

Your clover was set to legacy mode boot only.  What did you name the Sierra disk?    Exact name is required to make it the default boot disk.   

• Like 1

Sure thing. Thanks.

Nope.. That didn't work. I still got the same kernel panic.

What I don't understand is how booting in "fast" mode actually affects booting the os. It boots completely fine in fast mode, but the second I uncheck that option, It doesn't work.

Sure thing. Thanks.

Nope.. That didn't work. I still got the same kernel panic.

Are you getting the clover boot screen?   Use cursor arrows to go to "options" tab.   Go to graphics settings and uncheck eject intel, remove Intel ID 0x000000 and leave ig 0x19160000 try this and see if you get panic.

• Like 1

Yeah I get to the clover boot screen. Once I boot "macOS Sierra" option, it says:

Using reloc block: yes Using bla bla bla... (i forgot what it says here)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

and then instant kernel panic. nothing is loaded at all.

And also, my dsdt is pached.

I tried that and nothing changed....

I don't think this has to do with any settings in clover because I have the exact same CLOVER folder on a thumb drive that I use to boot into osx when clover doesn't work on the HDD. They even have the same config files and everything.

find a dsdt fix if unchecking bothers you. rehabman will help you i guess.

iirc, the issue is not new. "some" users had to enable it specially on laptops

Can you please link me to a forum post about this topic, because I have searched forever and I can't seem to find a post about this.

I'm trying not to rely on it, it's just that the only way I can boot into sierra is by using Fast mode in clover, so I can't choose an option. The only way to load windows is mash F9 at boot and select boot device as WIndows boot manager.