ASUS P5B + E6400 & JaS 10.4.8 ReLoaded

Bogdan_Solga

65 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Next thing is to get sound and internet working.

Vasiliy

Any luck with networking Vasiliy? I've tried the R1xxx version 102 installer, the v104 version from sourceforge both with the new Jas DVD and one with the ppf applied to it, but to no avail.

The device shows up in about this Mac as en0, but ifconfig doesn't list en0, and ipconfig getifaddr complains of a kernel error.

The older version of 10.4.8 (prior to the latest Jas release) allowed me to use networking, but for the life of me I couldn't get my DVDR working. Now the DVDR works, but networking doesn't. *Sigh*

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Hi

Excuse my english.

I been installing the Jas 10.4.8 release and added the the combo-patch. Everything works great until reboot, where it comes to a stopsign and it says in 5 different languages that i have to restart the computer.

My Samsung t166 hdd and Samsung sata dvd-rw is connected to the black sockets on the ICH8R connector, and I have disabled the Jmicron JMB363 in bios.

The sata config in bios is set to AHCI, enhanced.

Is anybody familiar with the stopsign-problem?

Could it be a biosproblem, or maybe a software problem?

My setup is:

C2D 6400

P5B-E with 4*512 ddr2

Samsung T166 160 gb HD Sata

Samsung Dvd-burner sata

The problem was in fact my Geforce 9800 which did not work with the natit-drivers.

Had to install without the drivers.

Replaced it with my x1950pro, worked much better without drivers.

So lets hope the x1950pro will be supported as soon as possible.

A big thanks to everybody at the forum whos contributed with great guides and so on...

Time to add my set of noob questions. I've been wanting to run osx86 since I heard it came out. My hardware has always been incompatible until now, hopefully.

My specs are:

E6600

Asus P5B-Deluxe

X1800XL

Sata HDD

DVD-RW IDE drive

So, here are the questions...

First off...I have the version titled "JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.iso" , is this the correct (reloaded) one?

Second...I've done a ton of searching and reading about the jmicron problem. I tried an iso patch to fix the problem, it didn't work. Is there a way to fix this reliably. I've gone through a lot of threads here and can't seem to find a 100% answer.

So...can I do a VMware->native install to work around the jmicron IDE problem (if it can't be fixed)? I don't have any IDE->sata or IDE->usb adaptors so unless I can get the jmicron to work I need a way around it.

Thanks in advance.

Any luck with networking Vasiliy? I've tried the R1xxx version 102 installer, the v104 version from sourceforge both with the new Jas DVD and one with the ppf applied to it, but to no avail.

The device shows up in about this Mac as en0, but ifconfig doesn't list en0, and ipconfig getifaddr complains of a kernel error.

The older version of 10.4.8 (prior to the latest Jas release) allowed me to use networking, but for the life of me I couldn't get my DVDR working. Now the DVDR works, but networking doesn't. *Sigh*

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Hi, See my signature, both sound and network work.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, See my signature, both sound and network work.

I've test the AzaliaAudio before and i only get 2ch out but nothing in.

I have the same motherboard like you, ASUS P5B.

All my other devices runs perfectly..

I'm trying to use AppleHDAPatcher just know. If this doesnt work, I dont know what to do..

I've spent hours adding up to days downloading different ISOs to get my P5B-VM working. Here is my setup:

Asus P5B-VM MB

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600

XFX GeForce 7600 GS (Chosen from the compatibility list!)

SATA LiteON DVD (mostly tried on SATA1)

SATA HDD for OS X (mostly tried on SATA2)

SATA HDD for Windows (now on SATA3)

I've downloaded multiple ISOs, patches, and have performed multiple installs. Here are some of the ISOs and packages I've tried so far:

JaS.10.4.8.SSE3.Intel.Only.iso (tried with and without JMicron patch)

JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.v1p.and.Deviant.patch.iso (also tried adding the ICH8 patch to this one)

JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.iso (tried adding above patches to this one as well)

The furthest I can get is what seems to be a proper install, but then "Unable to find driver for this platform: "ACPI"" on reboot. I get this with the "Intel Only" ISO with and without the patches applied. If I try the second ISO from above (with v1p, Deviant, etc.) i get "Failed to load extention com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort" *before* install, then the dreaded "Still waiting for root device".

I have tried just about every BIOS configuration I have read about or can think of. Currently I have:

JMicron: Disabled (tried "Enabled")

SATA mode: Enhanced (tried "Compatible")

ACPI 2.0 Support: Enabled (tried "Disabled")

ACPI APIC support: Enabled (also tried "Disabled"!)

Based on another user's experience with this board, I understood that I simply need to use "Intel Only" ISO and select the ICH8 package for a clean install. That said, I don't appear to have the option in any of my install DVDs to select any individual packages, only the JaS 10.4.6 package as a whole. That is, my install does not look like the screen displayed earlier in this thread. Perhaps this is part of my problem, but I've downloaded every ISO I know of.

If someone could please, please help me it would be much appreciated. I spend hundreds of dollars on a system upgrade that I thought was compatible with OS X/Hacintosh so it's really important to me to get this working. I'm really at a loss at this point.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: If there's more information I can provide to help you help me, please let me know!

Edited by 3030vision

This is the Custom Install screen on the latest release ("JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3" + patch "JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSe2.SSe3.v1p").

post-75302-1169064545_thumb.jpg

I'm definitely not seeing the same options either, regardless of what patches I've applied! Can you point me towards this ISO, as I've downloaded one with the same/similar name, but I only see one JaS 10.4.8 group under install type, and I can only select the group as a whole.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm definitely not seeing the same options either, regardless of what patches I've applied! Can you point me towards this ISO, as I've downloaded one with the same/similar name, but I only see one JaS 10.4.8 group under install type, and I can only select the group as a whole.

Thanks.

Try searching for "JaS AMD Intel SSE2 SSE3" on mininova.

...I've downloaded multiple ISOs, patches, and have performed multiple installs. Here are some of the ISOs and packages I've tried so far:

JaS.10.4.8.SSE3.Intel.Only.iso (tried with and without JMicron patch)

JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.v1p.and.Deviant.patch.iso (also tried adding the ICH8 patch to this one)

JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.iso (tried adding above patches to this one as well)

The furthest I can get is what seems to be a proper install, but then "Unable to find driver for this platform: "ACPI"" on reboot. I get this with the "Intel Only" ISO with and without the patches applied. If I try the second ISO from above (with v1p, Deviant, etc.) i get "Failed to load extention com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort" *before* install, then the dreaded "Still waiting for root device"...

I have the same board. I managed to get it installed to the second partition of an IDE drive via VMWare in Vista. On native boot I get the same error 'Unable to find driver for this platform: "ACPI"'

I will try tonight with just the intel patch selected and see where I get to.

is there anywhere outside a 10.4.9 image wich isn`t so complicated to install like the 10.4.8 on this MB? or is there just the 10.4.9 update?

I tried serveral times with JaS.10.4.8.SSE3.Intel.Only.iso and some tutorials from here, but it`s long time ago. so i thougt maybe it`s not so tricky to install with the new 10.4.9

my hardware:

p5b deluxe wifi

e6400 @ 3GHz

seagate 320gb sata2 HDD

2x ide dvd (tried install with one of them in an usb-box for HDD but couldn`t boot after installing)

evga 7900gtx

I´m sorry for my poor english!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry that I have to ask this question, but still after over an hour of searching this forum I there is no good answer for this.

Is it possible to boot OSX86 (JaS 10.4.6) from a Raid0 Volume that's connected on the ICH8r (Asus P5B Deluxe Wifi).

And if, how can I solve the Problem, that the installation doesn't find the Raid0.

Some posting say that only a few ports of the ICH8r are working. Which? Don't say red/black/blue/orange. Every mobo has different colors..

(My Config: Asus P5B Deluxe Wifi, C2D E6400@E6800, 2* 500GB Samsung @ Raid0 on ICH8r, NVidia GF8800GTS, 2 optical devices on JMiron PATA, one optical device on ICH8r)

RainerK: OSX86 doesn't work on GF8800's yet. So you won't get video.It sucks..i'm planning to buy a new computer but i can't buy a 8800 cause i want 0sx compatibility. I'm buying a gigabyte DS4 board which is supposed to be fully compatible with OSX86..and i'll go for a 7600 or a 7900GTS.

Isnt there any driver that gives just normal 2D output??

Then I'll wait till someone manages to run OSX with GF8800.

Whats about that Raid0 Problem, I tried all 6 SATA Ports of the ICH8r -> Still waiting for root device...

:whistle: