Sometimes my Hackintosh won't shut down/black screen with mouse

southblacke

6 posts in this topic

I have a problem with my Hackintosh, sometimes when I want to shut down it doesn't shutting down properly. After 5-10s my disk are disabled, I see no signal but PC is still running, fans are active.

I have Gigabyte X58A UD3R, 12Gb, AMD 6770 1GB, macOS Sierra 10.12 and Clover. Next issue is that, sometimes after Apple logo I see my mouse on black screen,  after 10-15s pc started restarting. It happens after long break, like 10hours of not using PC, next restart is ok and everything work properly.

I have tried fix_shutdown0004 in Clover but It doesn't work. 

EDIT:

I dropped DSDT from database and now shutting down work properly but audio don't work. Whats going on?

After editing DSDT via Maciasl ( added Toleda fix HDEF + disable fix_shutdown0004 ) sound working perfectly, shutting down too. But sometimes still I had black screen + mouse pointer after Apple logo ( ~2/10 cases )

Hi,

Which revision is your mainboard? and are you using a patched DSDT? and which BIOS you are using for your mainboard?

Rev2, 2.0 FH

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/220199-support-group-for-confused-owners-of-the-ga-x58a-ud3r-rev-20/

Look there and you might find what you are looking for.

You can also clean up the kext and the kernel cache specially after changing the DSDT or installing a new kext.

I also suggest that you update to 10.12.5 for better performance and many bug fixes.