R9 390 HELP!

Rheffner02

5 posts in this topic

So I successfully have installed Mac Os X Sierra. I used clover and have the latest version. My Specs are:

CPU: Intel 4690K I5
GPU: AMD R9 390
RAM: 16 GB
Storage: Total - 6 Tb - 1 Tb dedicated to Mac OS.

I have all of my drivers working except for my video card. Obviously since I have the regular R9 390 I have to spoof my operating system to think I have the 390X. Even when I do this I am having a booting problem. When I spoof My Hackintosh will not boot. I will provide video below. I am doing everything by the books and correctly. Im not sure what Im doing wrong.

Here is without an attempt at a video card spoof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvTeHlDsCOM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gX8qbS6b18

And this is with my video card spoofed to a 390X with injected ATI Graphics. Notice how the boot hangs up and will not boot. Does anyone know what is going on?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OGtokANBXY

Im not entirely sure here, but those flashing lights look like the kext isn't loading correctly. Try setting your IGPU to primary and boot with your monitor plugged into your 390X, it might help. If not try using FakeSMC in Clover for 0x67EF1002 

You have to boot with iGPU as primary in BIOS 

The flash you notice is OS X loading the kext BUT unless you boot with iGPU the display stays dark after the first boot sequence.

If you have macOS as default boot partition in clover you are golden. If not just connect your iGPU to your display as well and switch inputs for boot selection and later login.

hth

You have to boot with iGPU as primary in BIOS 

The flash you notice is OS X loading the kext BUT unless you boot with iGPU the display stays dark after the first boot sequence.

If you have macOS as default boot partition in clover you are golden. If not just connect your iGPU to your display as well and switch inputs for boot selection and later login.

hth

So youre saying I have to set my bios to use integrated graphics as the primary device but just boot with my video card hooked up instead?

• 2 weeks later...

I've just been playing with this today.

I have a 7970 helper card rather than an igpu (X99 board) but it works fine.

The weird thing is that I have 2 monitors, if I leave one on them on the helper card and the other on the 390, my gpu scores are about 20% better than both monitors on the R9 390.

To answer your question, my helper card is in slot 1 and if I have no monitors on it, nothing shows until the login screen and I log in. If I have one monitor per card, I get the startup sequence out of the monitor on the 7970 card.

In both cases I have acceleration on the r9 390.

SO you can set your integrated graphics as primary with no monitor on it (If you have a working hackintosh) and it'll boot with full acceleration on the R9 390.

Cinebench is only 60 at best and in windows it's twice that, so now I need to work on that because my CAD software is still too slow for my work.