Rosemberg

14 posts in this topic

Hello.

I'm trying to install Sierra on my PC.

Asus P8H61-M LE/BR

Intel Core i5 3330 w/ HD 2500 Graphics

4 GB DDR3 1333 RAM

Sata Hard Drive

I have tried some methods but none of them worked.

So I came here to ask if anyone knows the way to install it, if I can install it. 

Thank you.

Hi, at first glance your PC is compatible. What is wrong?

- have you made a USB bootable sierra installer?

- configured BIOS settings?

- legacy or UEFI?

- tried to boot with -x and -v? 

- are you able to boot to the installer?

Please specify what exactly you need help with.

Well, glad to know that my PC will be able to run it. Thanks.

I've made an USB bootalbe with (now I know I cant say it here.. hehe ), is that one which is not supported.

Configured BIOS settings, changing the sata mode to AHCI.

I'm using UEFI.

Yes, tried with -x and -v. Still not starts he installation.

No, installer does'nt boot.

I'll try to do it all again, and check the verbose error messages. 

Well, glad to know that my PC will be able to run it. Thanks.

I've made an USB bootalbe with (now I know I cant say it here.. hehe ), is that one which is not supported.

Configured BIOS settings, changing the sata mode to AHCI.

I'm using UEFI.

Yes, tried with -x and -v. Still not starts he installation.

No, installer does'nt boot.

I'll try to do it all again, and check the verbose error messages. 

Take a picture of where the boot process hangs when you use -v

Also in BIOS make sure if you have Vt-d/intel virtualisation technology that it is disabled

OS Type -> Other OS, cfg-lock off and secure boot mode disabled

It's a little more than just switching sata to AHCI and i know that from my own experience, misconfigured bios had me wondering what on earth I was doing wrong for about 2 hours before being able to boot into the installer for the first time :) 

I keep getting this error, I have to boot on windows, reset and boot on USB again to avoid it:

LRdKtDg.jpg

And these are the last images I could get before the Panic:

Y73YexF.jpg

PjRRJ2d.jpg

In the BIOS I only found the AHCI, and Intel Virtualization technology, so I disabled it.

I didn't found Config Lock, secure boot, or OS Type.

Update:

Found this:

"I am able to get the system to boot but only when changing the graphic injection FakeID to "0x01660004" in the boot option."

It's installing now!

:D

• Like 1

Congratulations! I have the same board and got the panic myself. Can you please share any tips?

I only get to start using clover bootloader on USB drive, with the Fake ID 0x01660003 in graphics injection.

I gave up, and I'm trying with El Capitan, but didnt managed to get graphics and audio in el capitan...

• Like 1

I only get to start using clover bootloader on USB drive, with the Fake ID 0x01660003 in graphics injection.

I gave up, and I'm trying with El Capitan, but didnt managed to get graphics and audio in el capitan...

Well that's further than I got. I made a Sierra installer USB for both legacy and UEFI and could never get either installer to even boot... just a black screen (except once I got the panic but not sure how to get the panic back instead of black screen). I'm thinking it must be a BIOS setting but never could get the either installer to boot. What BIOS settings did you use besides AHCI? Maybe together we can get this working. I've done a few other hackintoshes on different machines but this one is killing me!  :unsure:

Well that's further than I got. I made a Sierra installer USB for both legacy and UEFI and could never get either installer to even boot... just a black screen (except once I got the panic but not sure how to get the panic back instead of black screen). I'm thinking it must be a BIOS setting but never could get the either installer to boot. What BIOS settings did you use besides AHCI? Maybe together we can get this working. I've done a few other hackintoshes on different machines but this one is killing me!  :unsure:

I' don't know what I did, but I was not able to boot anymore, even with USB.

So i gave up, I got an old 9400 GT with a friend, plugged it in, and El Capitan boot just fine with graphics and acceleration. 

I'll try to install Sierra now. 

:)

• Like 1