[Solved]Service exited with abnormal code: 255

pooriaarian

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm trying to install El Capitan on my computer, I've made a USB installation drive using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] (with the deafult clover boot loader). now when i try to boot from the installer it gets stuck and gives me this line:

"com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.ntp.sntp.117) 《Warning》: Service exited with abnormal code: 255"

I've read a lot about this and tried almost everything, including:

-Removing numbered directories and only leaving the "other" folder with FakeSMC.kext inside it.

-Trying different versions of FakeSMC from different sources including tonymacx86 and RehabMan.

-Trying different combination of kernel flags including rootless=0 , nv_disabler , -x -f and so on.

-Cheking if kext injection is enabled in config.plist, which it was.

The interesting part is that i am able get to the installer on my other PC! Which i think means that FakeSMC is functioning properly.

My Laptop is Asus k52f, pretty old but i've been able to run almost all previous distributions on this computer

My other computer is even older than this one,while it actually does get to the installer

Here's my system's configuration:

Asus k52f Laptop-

CPU = Intel Pentium p6200

Ram = 3GB

GPU = IntelHDGraphics 1st Generation

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me with this problem

upload your boot files here, as well as a picture of the panic message or where your system stops.

I figured it out, the problem wasn't my boot files or my fakesmc, It was actually a problem caused by my intelhdgraphic device. And my fakesmc was working fine the whole time.

I had to remove three kext files from my S/L/E in order to get it to work

-AppleIntelHdGraphicsFB.kext

-AppleIntelFrameBufferCapri.kext

-AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext

I installed the necessary graphics kext later from the link below

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem but I wonder whether this will work in my case. I have a AMD R9 290X card installed and always disable the internal Intel HD graphic in bios (otherwise I get the "cannot allocate memory" error)

I assume these kernels have to be removed from the USB stick only?