F22h BIOS update breaks X99-UD4 build

2 posts in this topic

Hi.

I have had a stable X99 build running for a year. Build with the help of rampagedev's guide.

This has been a super-smooth build, performing well in the range of video editing, sound record, gaming, streaming, and day to day use. 

The only thing not working has been overclocking. Multiple reports online indicates that certain UD4 boards has a fault with turning anything related to overclock from Auto to Manual (you don't even have to change any values), causes a boot failure. Because of this I was about to RMA my board and go for a X99-A, but trying that just caused a lot of USB problems. I was relieved when Gigabyte released a new BIOS update: the F22h, focusing on overclock. This update indeed fixes the overclock issue, but creates a whole new set of issues. Kernel-panic, random reboots, and USB problems. Nothing else was changed. Most of the time boot just failed with kernel panic. At one time I got it to boot, but I experienced random reboots, the mac freezing when using some USB equipment such as the Elgato Game Capture HD60 and so on. Downgraded to the previous BIOS version and voila, everything working as before. Does anyone else with a UD4 experience these problems with the new update? I really want it to work so I can start overclocking, but I need a stable setup. What sort of logs do I need to provide in order for anyone to help me troubleshoot this problem?

As a start I attached the config file, replacing the ROM, MLB, Board Serial Number, Serial Number and SmUUID with X's. All of these values have been extracted from a real mac

Build:

X99-UD4

GTX 980ti

32GB Balistix 2400MHz

SMBIOS: MacPro 6.1

SSDT: SSDT from rampagedev's X99.dmg (change gfx0 to gfx1 to fix black screen)

Kexts:

ACPISensors

AppleIntelE1000e

CPUSensors

FakeSMC

GPUSensors

LPCSensors

NullCPUPowerManagement

VoodooTSCSync

Thank you!

-Kristoffer

config.plist.zip

ROM is the MAC of EN0. 

Board serial number is identical to your serial number, filled only to 17 digits.

The MLB you can let calculate you in "Rt Variables".

Section Graphics -> "Inject Intel"???