HELP WITH BUILD xfx r9 280x

sundarcali

30 posts in this topic

Nice build... very similar... I like very much Asus quality and endurance and compatibility with osx... in the area where I am based at, it is way more expensive than msi... and the krait edition its also beautiful... hmm, the graphic card, i did some research and for FCPX saw very impressive results for R9 280x... (hmmm...) I just didn't research the specifics with xfx !!! (It was very cumbersome to get it recognized and working for OSX). 

no... I have tried to update to el capitan... but hmmm... i got no further from a blank screen after the initial installation window... and began reading (a whole article of things that show up in the installation... well and at the moment do not have so much time for another troubleshooting...)

GOOD NEWS... I have been editing and using the machine most of today with no issues so far... (using HD4600 internal graphics)

Thank you very much for your wonderful assistance... 

• Like 1

no... I have tried to update to el capitan... but hmmm... i got no further from a blank screen after the initial installation window... and began reading (a whole article of things that show up in the installation... well and at the moment do not have so much time for another troubleshooting...)

For avoid problems, and take your time, create a new partition in your HDD, and install this update, or other OS X. Keeping intact your current OS X.

I do this here for some years, and is the best way to discover if will work or not.

And doing this, you don't loose your sleep  :wink_anim:

GOOD NEWS... I have been editing and using the machine most of today with no issues so far... (using HD4600 internal graphics)

Thank you very much for your wonderful assistance... 

NP Bro, i'm very happy for you.  ^_^  

THank you for your advise, and support.

I will be connecting the graphic card later on today and use it tomorrow and will see how it goes... today (with HD4600) have been swift... smooth... it feels good...

will report later on how it goes...

• Like 1