El Capitan on Asus z170 PRO GAMING memory and standby issues

Disco42

5 posts in this topic

ElCapitan 10.11.2

ASUS z170 PRO GAMING MB

i5-6600K SkyLake

2x HyperX FURY DDR4 8GB 2666MHz

GTx980 STRIX 4GB

Successfully manage to install ElCapitan but I get weird memory indications; only 8 Gb is detected. 

BIOS is setup to defaults for memory.

Other weirdness is the standby which makes the fan's spin.

Does someone have the same issues for memory ? How to fix ? 

Thanks !

post-355677-0-37683000-1453812222_thumb.png

Use clover configurator under SMBIOS settings add your correct memory info and save the config.

After reboot your memory info will be fixed.

Sleep problem is related to CPUPowerManagement or wrong DSDT. Try using NullCPUPowerManagent.kext under EFI\Clover\Kexts and see how it works out.

The DSDT (Differentiated System Description Table) which is a part  of ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) usually is a single file which contains the information about mainboard and its resources like USB ports, SATA ports CPU etc. but for CPU specifically you could use a separate file called SSDT. you can google your processor model+ssdt.aml and you'll find it and then you could put it under EFI\Clover\ACPI\Patched folder.

You can also extract your own system's ACPI data by pressing F4 while clover bootloader menu and edit or patch the original files.

For narrowing down your problem with sleep you need to have a correct/patched DSDT.aml and ACPI.aml files placed under your clover's ACPI folder.

• 1 month later...

ElCapitan 10.11.2

ASUS z170 PRO GAMING MB

i5-6600K SkyLake

2x HyperX FURY DDR4 8GB 2666MHz

GTx980 STRIX 4GB

Successfully manage to install ElCapitan but I get weird memory indications; only 8 Gb is detected.

BIOS is setup to defaults for memory.

Other weirdness is the standby which makes the fan's spin.

Does someone have the same issues for memory ? How to fix ?

Thanks !

attachicon.gifCapture d’écran 2016-01-26 à 13.31.39.png

I have the same Motherboard and i had a working hackintosh befor on different hardware. Can you tell me what UEFI settings you have and what you included in your installer? I already did an bios / uefi update and tried some changes in the UEFI but osx isn't booting.

EDIT: never mind, i've got it working now^^