Dual Boot Clover UEFi Asus P53SJ

Kaya80

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, i really would like to install dual boot on this laptop, my first in signature....

I prepared USB installer with Clover 3320 UEFI, but it stuck at "DSMOS Has Arrived", maybe for dual graphic card....

Can you help me please to arrive at installation screen?

I think this laptop hasn't a real EUFI boot, because i try several times to installa in UEFI mode, but always says me that can't find the proper drive to boot, so many problem in UEFI mode...really strange

Now i'm not able to past the screen, unable to find a bootable device, prepared Clover on USB hard drive like always done, but this laptop is really really strange....Uefi enabled from bios, but when i choose to boot from OS X refi, it can't find a bootable device...i think this bios t's not UEFI

• 2 weeks later...

One easy way to check if you really have UEFI is to check for CSM or legacy mode options in your BIOS.

Another way would be booting Windows 10 (you have it installed right?) and if the ASUS logo appears while booting, instead of the blue square Windows logo, you have UEFI

You should check Install Clover in the ESP while you install, and for UEFI booting only.

Then you need to check for the proper efi drivers for your laptop.

My laptop also has dual graphics card, OPTIMUS engine and you can try and boot with the flag: 

nv_disable=1

Only Intel integrated graphics will be supported in OSX

For best results do like me, and dump your laptop's native ACPI files in Clover by pressing F4, and then keep only the DSDT and all the files that begin with SSDT

The rest you delete. Then you have to use the latest version of iasl intel acpi compiler to convert the Clover dumped aml files to dsl, in order to correct them, clear the errors, fix devices, add patches, and this way you will get native brightness, you will be able to disable NVIDIA card and boot without problems, and you will have like three times the battery life if NVIDIA is disabled.

If you get Missing Bluetooth Controller you should delete kexts for NVIDIA and check the options to Inject Intel , entering a specific ig-value-id and Fake ID for your graphics in the process, in Clover config.plist

Any question?

Also, always download the latest version of Clover EFI boot loader.

And in your clover config plist you should disable SIP by using the 0x67 value in the Csr Active config menu, in Rt variables

• Like 1