Nvidia GT 730 no VGA output

Derek12

5 posts in this topic

I bought a new Asus 2GB DDR3 GT730 Video card to replace a older GT610 which worked OOB.

It works fine on Windows 10 including games.

In OSX it won't output signal to screen but video card is recognized OK and all acceleration works.

System info says "Built-in display"

is there a way to fix this? I don't have any DVI or HDMI screen

Tried various smbios like imac, mac mini or Mac Pro, enabling/disabling injection, using nvda_drv=1 (otherwise it reboots)

Thank you

System info taken thanks to VNC

post-767483-0-53433500-1451735274_thumb.png

(after disabling nvidia injector now memory is shown properly but  everything else is the same)

EDIT:

Plugged in an HDMI TV, it works perfectly.

The issue is limited to VGA

Can anyone help me? I am clueless about what to do (I don't want to replace my monitor right now)

• 4 weeks later...

NVCAP not working.

Another thing, the GT610 will also stop outputting to VGA IF I enable the Nvidia web installer, and if I switch to the OSX driver, VGA will work again, but the 730 only works with the web installer.

So seems that the Nvidia web driver doesn't support VGA, nothing to do with the card itself.

I think this has no solution besides buying an HDMI screen or going back to the GT610 which I won't. So hencefort I will run OSX only on a Virtual machine inside Windows 10.

Seems I am the only one in this forum with a video card requiring Nvidia web driver and a single VGA monitor :D

Anyway I tried both the HDMI TV and the monitor plugged in, and as usual, the TV gets perfect signal but the monitor doesn't, It doesn't appear in the system information. Tried autodetecting it in display settings with the alt key and nothing. The Nvidia web driver supports HDMI only so no Injection nor NVCAP will fix this. Seems that the best and cheapest solution is to get a HDMI to VGA converter off from Amazon or Ebay to use my current screen and video card with OSX   :)

Menwhile I will use a Virtual Machine inside Windows as the nv_disable=1 flag VGA works but makes OSX look distorted, blurry and slow as hell.