Mac Pro 3,1 ATI Radeon HD5000 graphics issues with El Capitan

virusys

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to hackintosh stuff but I have a pretty okay knowledge with programming. 

Essentially I tried installing the official version of El Capitan on my Mac Pro 3,1 running Yosemite and since then my ATI Radeon HD5000 graphics card has not been working properly. I can't fullscreen Youtube videos without serious lag and I can't run 3d graphics such as Unity3d.

I think there's an issue with my kexts. Here's the output when I run kextutil on AMDSupport.kext and AMD5000Controller.kext.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

mac@macs-Mac-Pro:~ 

$ sudo kextutil /System/Library/Extensions/AMDSupport.kext        

(kernel) OSMetaClass: Kext com.apple.kext.AMDSupport class ATIController is a duplicate;kext com.apple.kext.ATISupport already has a class by that name.

(kernel) Kext com.apple.kext.AMDSupport start failed (result 0xdc00400a).

(kernel) Kext com.apple.kext.AMDSupport failed to load (0xdc008017).

(kernel) Failed to load kext com.apple.kext.AMDSupport (error 0xdc008017).

Failed to load /System/Library/Extensions/AMDSupport.kext - (libkern/kext) kext (kmod) start/stop routine failed.

mac@macs-Mac-Pro:~ 

$ sudo kextutil /System/Library/Extensions/AMD5000Controller.kext 

(kernel) OSMetaClass: Kext com.apple.kext.AMDSupport class ATIController is a duplicate;kext com.apple.kext.ATISupport already has a class by that name.

(kernel) Kext com.apple.kext.AMDSupport start failed (result 0xdc00400a).

(kernel) Kext com.apple.kext.AMDSupport failed to load (0xdc008017).

(kernel) Dependency com.apple.kext.AMDSupport of kext com.apple.kext.AMD5000Controller failed to load.

(kernel) Can't remove kext com.apple.kext.AMDSupport; services failed to terminate - 0xdc008018.

(kernel) Kext com.apple.kext.AMD5000Controller failed to load (0xdc008015).

(kernel) Failed to load kext com.apple.kext.AMD5000Controller (error 0xdc008015).

Failed to load /System/Library/Extensions/AMD5000Controller.kext - (libkern/kext) dependency load failed.