Trying to hackintosh old pc

Brkosebay

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Recently i have gotten a pentium 4 motherboard for free and i decided to hackintosh it. There wasn't a dvd drive so i made a usb stick.

I used iatkos v7. I have installed pc_efi v8 on the usb and then i restored the iatkos v7 iso to usb. I tried it in reverse order too. After i try to boot it it gets stuck on Verifying dmi pool data so it doesn't boot onto the os x media. If i have a hard drive installed it shows the verifying dmi pool data thing for 2-3 seconds and then goes onto the os which is installed on the hard drive. Btw its only ide.

Specs:

Gigabyte 8s648-rz

2,4 GHz Pentium 4 HT (32-bit)

128mb Geforce fx 5200 agp video card

1 gb of ddr ram

320 gb maxtor ide hard drive

Hope someone can help me

• 4 weeks later...

I doubt that you can run the latest OSX (El Capitan) on a 32 bit CPU like a Pentium 4 HT.

You need a minimum of a dual core, 64 bit CPU like Core2Duo, Core2Duo Quad, i3, i5, i7.

I don't know about the AMD situation. It probably needs a kernel patch.

I'm going to try VMWare 12 on a AMD Phenom II soon.

Are you using an amd kernel and if not el capitan doesn't have one.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Recently i have gotten a pentium 4 motherboard for free and i decided to hackintosh it. There wasn't a dvd drive so i made a usb stick.

I used iatkos v7. I have installed pc_efi v8 on the usb and then i restored the iatkos v7 iso to usb. I tried it in reverse order too. After i try to boot it it gets stuck on Verifying dmi pool data so it doesn't boot onto the os x media. If i have a hard drive installed it shows the verifying dmi pool data thing for 2-3 seconds and then goes onto the os which is installed on the hard drive. Btw its only ide.

Specs:

Gigabyte 8s648-rz

2,4 GHz Pentium 4 HT (32-bit)

128mb Geforce fx 5200 agp video card

1 gb of ddr ram

320 gb maxtor ide hard drive

Hope someone can help me

Your CPU is only 32 Bit. It is usable no further than OS X 10.6.8 "Snow Leopard". For the Pentium CPU check here for Nawcom's legacy 10.6.8. It could work with 10.7.5 "Lion" but therefore you need a SSE3 emulating kernel supporting the P4.

Good Luck and Merry Xmas

• Like 1