iWeb & iMovie issues

Nelson.

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

First off I am happy to say that OS X works great on my PC. I have had no issues so far except for iWeb & iMovie.

When I open these two aplications they seem to be locked or frozen. I cannot create a new web page or a new movie. I really need iWeb for a project and any of your help would be appreciated.

NOTE: iLife '06 was installed off the official install DVD.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same problem here except I'm using Leopard and iLife '08, wondering if anyone has some ideas?

Installed Leopard with iATKOS, reformatted and installed with Kalyway, both using vanilla kernels, both with the same results I am not having the same issue with iMovie. iMovie won't open because I don't have QE working... but that's a different subject.

Thanks for any hellp.

- Boon

Found a temp fix. previous post

iWeb is "locked" because my GFX card is not setup and QE/CI is not supported.

I'm confused by this because when I try to open iMovie I am confronted by a popup which clearly indicates that I cannot use iMovie because I don't have QE support. But in iWeb things are just locked out??? .... not very consistent, then again, the software wasn't made for this hardware.

- Boon

• 2 years later...
Hi all,

First off I am happy to say that OS X works great on my PC. I have had no issues so far except for iWeb & iMovie.

When I open these two aplications they seem to be locked or frozen. I cannot create a new web page or a new movie. I really need iWeb for a project and any of your help would be appreciated.

NOTE: iLife '06 was installed off the official install DVD.

Thanks,

guys may i be the first I found something that might help

That just means you don't have QE/CI.

Go to the iWeb application, right click on the app and select "Show Package Contents"

Browse to "/Contents/Resources/" and open "Defaults.plist" in textedit

Find the lines "<key>SFRAcceleratedCanvas</key>

<true/>"

and edit it to <key>SFRAcceleratedCanvas</key>

<false/>"

Save it and relaunch

Hope that helps! :rolleyes::P:P;);););):wacko::rolleyes::rolleyes::wacko::P:P:rolleyes: