itunes video playback glitchy

sailor25462

4 posts in this topic

Hey All,

I recently updated to final release of 10.10.5 and also upgraded my CPU to a i7-2600k. This seems to work fine with iMac 13,1 setting. CPU states are doing fine, too.

I'd be totally happy, if itunes video playback (video trailers from itunes store) wouldn't turn to be glitchy and unstable now.

They do actually start fine, but then, after maybe 30% of the time, the video part will start to create some fractures for a second or two. Then it would return good for only a few seconds, before the video truly turns into a still picture. Though, audio will continue to play well.

I see no issues with video playback in general, i.e. youtube files will do fine in safari, as well as imovie files.

I'm not sure if this may be due to the upgrade to the i7 or caused by 10.10.5 build? Or is it simply an itunes bug?

rgds

In case of hardware upgrade, always reinstall OS X (IMHO). In Hackintosh nothing is plug-and-play like Windows.

I say that, because if you use a modified DSDT, you'll need re-patch again.

Thanks' Allan for the quick response.

If nothing else helps, I may consider this. By "reinstall" you mean to just install it over the existing installation, right?

In the meantime I tried to switch back to apple nvidia drivers, rather than nvidia web drivers, but that didn't do anything.

I also started a larger m4v movie (bought from itunes store) directly from quicktime and it's showing the same issues.

Playing mp4 files seems to work fine though, even from within itunes.

I say that, because if you use a modified DSDT, you'll need re-patch again.

I'm not using any DSDT or SSDT, just plain from UEFI :-)

• Like 1