Lightroom CC OpenGL Support Failed

Snow

29 posts in this topic

Hi to all, I've just registered here mainly because I've been having the same problem on Lightroom and I found a solution and hopefully The Solution :)

I have to say I'm using Windows 10 x64, Lightroom 2015.3 (but the same problem occurred on other versions) and my card is a GTX 770.

WHAT I DID WAS:

Go, open the Nvidia Control Panel, and over 3D configuration you can choose over performance/quality or you can let each application choose for you (first option) in my case I had the 3d config set to max quality and when I changed to "let the app choose" the problem was solved. So that is what it was interfering with Lightroom.

I hope I made myself clear as English is not my first language.

That's it  :)

Hi to all, I've just registered here mainly because I've been having the same problem on Lightroom and I found a solution and hopefully The Solution :)

I have to say I'm using Windows 10 x64, Lightroom 2015.3 (but the same problem occurred on other versions) and my card is a GTX 770.

WHAT I DID WAS:

Go, open the Nvidia Control Panel, and over 3D configuration you can choose over performance/quality or you can let each application choose for you (first option) in my case I had the 3d config set to max quality and when I changed to "let the app choose" the problem was solved. So that is what it was interfering with Lightroom.

I hope I made myself clear as English is not my first language.

That's it  :)

This would be an awesome tip if it wasn't for the fact that this is a Mac forum (insanelywindows is just two blocks from here) so no Nvidia control panel settings for us I'm afraid ;)

Thanks though for the heads-up mate, maybe Windows users will pick up on this.

• 1 year later...

Any update on this matter? I've been considering an upgrade to GTX760 but upon stumbling on this topic, I'm not so sure anymore...

I would better ask for that (LR CC  and other Apps & GTX 760 ) in an new thread. 

You will get then much faster and better answers than in this older thread.

The GTX 760 in general is good! Runs also with native Apple drivers and good power usage / gpu performance value.

I am sure that there may be an bug in newer Ligthroom CC >= 2016 for OS X , because the GTX 760 is listed as LR CC card by nvidia.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html

I use LR CC 2015.8 with even older GT 740 1 GB vram and it works!

IN the net there are some users complain that newer LR CC versions fail to use GTX 760 (OS X), older LR CC also working like with my GT 740.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2116684

I dont think nvdia will fix that problem. because the cards isnt offical used in Macs.