Yosemite won't boot with Enoch (2737) bootloader

nellazzo

13 posts in this topic

Hi everybody! I installed the latest Enoch (Chameleon) boot loader in order to make iMessage working on my Mavericks partition, but Yosemite won't boot anymore.

I tried with every kernel flag, but nothing seems to change. I have no problems with the other operative systems (Mavericks and Windows 8.1), but Yosemite won't boot at all; after a while it gets stuck on a blank screen. With the previous Chameleon boot loader, it booted up without any problem.

Can someone help me?

Here my pc specs:

Desktop: HP Pavilion a6267.it - CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 - Ram: 4GB DDR2 - Video: Zotac GeForce GT440 - Audio: Realtek ALC888 - Chameleon Bootloader Enoch(2737)

Thanks in Advance!

post-1365008-0-87063400-1438962966_thumb.jpg

post-1365008-0-48544300-1438962988_thumb.jpg

If you have on your laptop another partition, with another OS X  version on it? then so, start the other OS X version and repair the permissions your yosemite partition, and start Yosemite again. I think then should yosemite  boot.

Otherwise boot with: -s (and the other bootargs)

then give
fsck -fy    (press Enter, and wait until the process is completed)
then ...
mount -uw /
then ...
exit

Edited by spakk
  • Like 2

Can you boot it from USB stick?

I haven't spent too much time with Enoch so can't help you there, but regarding iMessage and Mavericks try this , http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/299372-how-to-solve-imessage-login-problem/?p=2158602,  it worked for me. 

I'm sure that there are other combinations that are working, in fact i had i working few months ago with much newer Chameleon version (forgot which one), but this is what works now for me.

Try what spakk said for Yosemite fix, or you can always reinstall Yosemite without formatting HDD and it will keep all your files.

If you have on your laptop another partition, with another OS X  version on it? then so, start the other OS X version and repair the permissions your yosemite partition, and start Yosemite again. I think then should yosemite  boot.

Otherwise boot with: -s (and the other bootargs)

then give

fsck -fy    (press Enter, and wait until the process is completed)

then ...

mount -uw /

then ...

exit

Hi Spakk! I tried both of your solutions, but Yosemite still not starting up... For now, the only way to boot Yosemite properly is by USB stick with the older version of chameleon, which makes iMessage stop working on both (Yosemite and Mavericks) partitions. Another solution? :)

Can you boot it from USB stick?

I haven't spent too much time with Enoch so can't help you there, but regarding iMessage and Mavericks try this , http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/299372-how-to-solve-imessage-login-problem/?p=2158602,  it worked for me. 

I'm sure that there are other combinations that are working, in fact i had i working few months ago with much newer Chameleon version (forgot which one), but this is what works now for me.

Try what spakk said for Yosemite fix, or you can always reinstall Yosemite without formatting HDD and it will keep all your files.

Hi OWBP! :) Yes I can boot it from a USB stick...it's the only way for now and it's really annoying! Tried with previous 2015 versions of chameleon as well, with no luck on iMessage....  

• Like 1

so you didnt even install the bootloader on your hdd?

Yes, I did! I have installed Enoch boot loader by now, and it only works with Mavericks and Windows 8.1...If I try to install any other previous boot loader, will make iMessage stop working :)

The strange thing is that Yosemite is unable to finish loading the kexts, while booting.... it stucks at "...AppleKextExcludeList.kext"

mendietinha meant, that you have a board on which you can install Ozmosis, a moded bios .... then you do not need to install clover or chameleon bootloader.

but you need to read alone in this topic with Ozmosis, so you know exactly how it works in order to avoid errors ..

if you have installed Ozmosis, then it is very close to a real mac.

for the first, I advise to you, search and find as much as possible information and if you have know enough information and you're sure, then you can do it.

... it stucks at "...AppleKextExcludeList.kext"

Read here:https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2014/06/04/os-x-10-10-yosemite-dp1-kernelcache/

look here: /usr/standalone/BootCaches.plist

rename lzvn to lzss:

Preferred Compression

lzvn

Then boot with kext-dev-mode=1 and the other flag

• Like 2

mendietinha meant, that you have a board on which you can install Ozmosis, a moded bios .... then you do not need to install clover or chameleon bootloader.

but you need to read alone in this topic with Ozmosis, so you know exactly how it works in order to avoid errors ..

if you have installed Ozmosis, then it is very close to a real mac.

for the first, I advise to you, search and find as much as possible information and if you have know enough information and you're sure, then you can do it.

I have an Intel based non-UEFI bios. Can Ozmosis run on a non-UEFI bios?

Please put this question to the Ozmosis forum ... I have very little experience with Ozmosis.

to your problem with AppleKextExcludeList.kext" look my post #9

• Like 1

Please put this question to the Ozmosis forum ... I have very little experience with Ozmosis.

to your problem with AppleKextExcludeList.kext" look my post #9

Thank you so much for the availability, but it worked somehow by following this guide:

1. Go to S/L/E and open AppleKextExcludeList.kext with 'show package contents'

2. Open Contents folder

3. If Info.Plist isn't visible, use ShowAllFiles app to unhide it

4. Open Info.Plist with TextWrangler app

5. Delete all entries between the <dict></dict> tags under the OSKextExcludeList key

6. Delete all entries between <dict></dict> tags under the OSKextSigExceptionHashList key 

(There may be hundreds or even thousands of entries here to remove)

7. The result should look like this...

<key>OSKextExcludeList</key>

<dict>

</dict>

<key>OSKextSigExceptionHashList</key>

<dict>

</dict>

8. Exit TextWrangler and Save

9. Right Click on Info.Plist and 'Get Info'

10. Unlock the file with the little lock bottom right of the Get Info window

11. Under Sharing and Permissions change all Priveleges to 'Read Only'

12. Exit the Get Info window

13. Reset the file back to hidden with ShowAllFiles app (if necessary)

That said,now I'm facing another boring bootlloop....I don't know why and what's wrong now....

Look at this image :)

Image link:   https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzNwQyo-iZKGTVZ6WWU4emRXeVE/view?usp=sharing

Thank you so much for the availability, but it worked somehow by following this guide:

1. Go to S/L/E and open AppleKextExcludeList.kext with 'show package contents'

2. Open Contents folder

3. If Info.Plist isn't visible, use ShowAllFiles app to unhide it

4. Open Info.Plist with TextWrangler app

5. Delete all entries between the <dict></dict> tags under the OSKextExcludeList key

6. Delete all entries between <dict></dict> tags under the OSKextSigExceptionHashList key 

(There may be hundreds or even thousands of entries here to remove)

7. The result should look like this...

<key>OSKextExcludeList</key>

<dict>

</dict>

<key>OSKextSigExceptionHashList</key>

<dict>

</dict>

8. Exit TextWrangler and Save

9. Right Click on Info.Plist and 'Get Info'

10. Unlock the file with the little lock bottom right of the Get Info window

11. Under Sharing and Permissions change all Priveleges to 'Read Only'

12. Exit the Get Info window

13. Reset the file back to hidden with ShowAllFiles app (if necessary)

That said,now I'm facing another boring bootlloop....I don't know why and what's wrong now....

Look at this image :)

Image link:   https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzNwQyo-iZKGTVZ6WWU4emRXeVE/view?usp=sharing

Problem solved! It was the missing FakeSMC.kext, that caused the boot loop ...Now everything seems to be working fine, except iMessage :/

Anyway thanks to all!! 

• Like 1